The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Sergey Kolesov

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2006
hey hey cool concept here good luck !

03 March 2006
Last concept rocks!

I hope you go for this one.

Russel

03 March 2006
Talking

The conquest of world expanses by man who be in extreme need of tabacco is begin!!!

Your doggie is a "hellish satan"!!! I like them to much!!!

Sergey show them all what is "creative" mean!

Good luck! And a good music for your Muse

04 April 2006
!)

Nice idea!
Good luck to u!

news, interviews, tutorials

04 April 2006
heheh nice and good idea, good luck to you!

Zalo

04 April 2006
Good.

Its very atmospherical!! it will be interesting look at your modeling

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=338454
welcome .

04 April 2006
Nice ... actually I like your sketch style as well.

04 April 2006
Great! Wish you luck! Proso v vostorge ot tvoix rabot!

04 April 2006
Hey Sergey this is such a cool concept with interesting background material -- which can so easily be reused in future work. (Mars scenes, etc.) Wish it were possible to see more...hope you're going to continue working??? Good luck

04 April 2006
Concept sketch number 2 is my favourite but I like the extra characters/detail of your latest work.

04 April 2006
Thanks to all!
Right now I'm not able to develop this project. But soon I'll start!!!

04 April 2006
Cool nice concept

nice concept!
i like it ,
looking for more... .. .

04 April 2006
Modeling: start modeling

Ok, here is my start!
I'll not follow original conctruction of marswalker, cause it,s not important and there will be changes, like place for dog.

04 April 2006
Arrow

Hello Sergey,

IMHO the first sketch with the aliens and the romote is the best

Anyway great idea and nice start so far

Good luck and have fun

04 April 2006
Hey Sergey, fantastic! You certainly have the talent and aesthetic ability to create a professional image...reminds me of work by a grad student from Cornell who more or less jump started an entire career and studio with his still image of Spirit/Opportunity. His animation of it was a highlight feature of Siggraph's electronic theater.

There are really cool important rover missions planned by both the EU and American space programs -- from polar landings to portable subsurface drilling rigs, to sample return missions -- most of which do not have a quality inspired artist such as yourself working with them. It would be an amazing opportunty if you were to contact and work with them. Just a suggestion, but, if you were to email persons associated with these programs and ask for sketches or design reference sheets and so forth...or even give them a phone call...they would love to work with you. If you wish, you could reuse much of the material you have just posted -- such as the rover wheel -- on a future project which could air on CNN, Discovery, etc., etc...for a NASA mission far enough into the future and fairly certain to have continued funding and public interest once your work becomes noticed (skimming through websites of JPL NASA and ESA should help you find one -- or more -- appropriate missions).

I suppose you have also seen the website of the guy who animated the rover you are currently working on -- Daniel something??? -- anyhow, keep in mind he was only a grad student working on his home computer when he created his first still-life renders for magazine publications, then, with funding from those projects, went on to create animations for broadcast, IMAX, etc. Please, please give such seconardary repurposing consideration. These projects need your help -- they need inspired artists, not technicians and engineers -- creating visuals for socially important work. 90% of what you create here for this Challenge -- the rover, the background, sky, planet surface -- could be reused in commercial work, saving months and months of labor, while fueling your more personal creative endeavors. It would be very exciting to see such artwork...hope it isn't out of place to make such a suggestion.

Here's the guy's website -- he is not nearly as talented as you:
http://www.maasdigital.com/gallery.html

Good luck!

Last edited by oceanbluesky : 08 August 2006 at 08:24 PM.

Thread Closed share thread