The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Sergey Kolesov

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2006
The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Sergey Kolesov

Sergey Kolesov is entered in the "The Journey Begins Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image
: Lost On Mars
Latest news from Peleng daily news: 27, may, 2006.
Sensational new from Journey Begins Mars research programm by CGASA. After 5 hours of being disconnected the Mars explorer Journey came in contact, sending incredible photos of extraterestrial life on Mars!
CGASA comments: At 5pm 27 of may we lost contact with our mars rover Jorney. We could do nothing about it, thinking that there was error in rover programm. But at 9:47pm that day the rover came in contact, and at 10:02 we riecieved a shoking photos of what happening there. On this photos we can see not human being, but some form of extraterrestrial life. We call them redmen. There are two redmen placed on the front part of solar panels, right in front of the cameras...
Our experts suggested after they saw photos and analysed reflections details that there is a third redman behind...
They are moving. Some details such as unknown cords appear to be connected to the rover, so we could not manipulate the machine... but we still have a signal... The rover is now on the way from Gusev crater to the west... There are some kind of pyramids on the material called map... We hope we will see what would happen at next hours or days... Anyway all human civilisation must understand now that we a not alone in Universe, and we have a very clear and good chance to begin the great journey with another form of being...The Journey Begins!
From author:)(One more time - sorry for my poor English)
It was enough complex task for me to do this work. All the time I've been tried to do serious, but a little bit comic piece.
I used many photos from NASA as inspiration... But this rover is not the copy of NASA machines. Some things changed for good position of aliens.
There are no human emotions on faces of my lost aliens. Instead of them, everyone can find some emotions in mars rover. ( I've just imagine the faces of all human community looking on what is happening there...). And all human civilization is behind this machine that is far far away, alone with new form of mind! That is the great begining of human and alien Journey!.. Thanks to all! And congratulations to all artists!
Final Image 1280px - http://peleng.boom.ru

Last edited by PELENG : 06 June 2006 at 08:13 AM. Reason: add link

03 March 2006
Concept Sketch: Mars story concept sketch

Hello! Well, I'm here...
Very good idea of such a theme.
I hope you'll exuse me for my poor english...
My idea is to show the start of the journey of few characters (aliens or red men, as you like) on Mars, and also a big step of peoples...
Finally it would be a serious piece with some comic details...
I think that during the challenge some idea details may be transformed, but here is the main concept sketch... I hope you'll like the idea.
Now, lets start!!!

03 March 2006
Nice concept.

I like the compisition of your picture, the barren environment makes it look like a really inhospitable place to be in.

The buggy looks great, but it is maybe the type of things that humans have.....did the aliens steal it?

looking forward to seeing more

Chris

03 March 2006
1/2: Thanks. This guys are using human explore tech (like Opportunity or other NASA project) as transporter (I don't know how to say...) in long journey they began...
May be they had arrived from another planet, or crashed on Mars, anyway - human technology - alien's trip...

03 March 2006
From what I gather I'm willing to interpret it as a bunch of tiny mars aliens hyjacking the voyager rover. Of course having an alien party on top of the vehicle sent to discover life on mars is very funny, but the idea of journey is a little lost then.

03 March 2006
Great idea I think that the more obvious you manage to make it that the aliens have stolen the transport the better it will be.

03 March 2006
Lightbulb

Greate and unusual idea! I like your concept! Waiting for 3d!

03 March 2006
Great idea dude.I'm also thinking of doing something with a vehicle.

03 March 2006
))

Вообщим в целом неплоха идейка..

03 March 2006
Talking

Nice idea...great concept.good luck!

03 March 2006
Concept Sketch: Dog on Mars concept

Another idea...
This is not funny...

03 March 2006
wow...once i had a concept for a sheep to mars...

good luck, cool concept and sketch

03 March 2006
That's looks fun, like the concept.

03 March 2006
Hey, Sergey. Great sketch, very fun. Good luck to you! I'm from Ivanovo too. But now I'm live and work in Moscow. Udachi!

03 March 2006
Good luck, Sergey! Смешной сабак

Thread Closed share thread