The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Mark Endre Seljan

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2006   #46
Originally Posted by DimitrisLiatsos: Heyy Mark...very good update....my humble observation would be to look a bit the legs from the knee down to ankle...it's the only spot u need to work a bit more...especially if the man lying has the cloth of bed falling around his legs (Bad English lanquage day today...as always.. ) ...but maybe again it's something u are going to work on ..so sorry if i was hasty.

...have fun.

You're right Dimi! my answers are in this submitted set of Thinman. The figure is quite different from the basic character. It's an easy way for me. Create a figure with normal proportions and setup, then modify it to fit with my idea. I can keep better connection with realistic shaping by this. last but not least..it's just a blocked out mesh for ZB session...still in symmetry. So it's around 25% of the final detailed, rigged, posed model. Thanks for your advices. I will keep them in my head in the future.

Old 03 March 2006   #47
Modeling: Thinman_ZB_to Max_test

Hi, it's the start of ZB session for Thinman character. Nothing special, just playin' around with anatomy. Many things are quite badly sculpted. It's an import back to max. Normalmaps used with sss shader. For me it's much faster then kill my time with displacement in mental ray.

Have a nice day/night,
Tremo

Old 03 March 2006   #48
Thin man model looks cool Nice z-brush details Dude Well Using Normal maps for details is really a good idea.

My art blog

Old 03 March 2006   #49
Hey Tremoside its looking great, nothing to crit .
Just a quick question. Why take the time to model the you know what? Will it be seen in the final image?
If not its probably better to just do the work on the areas that will be seen.
Im sorry if it will be seen. Just me ranting :P

Good luck!

Old 03 March 2006   #50
Cool

wow that model is really great...very good with the details.....good work!

Old 03 March 2006   #51
Great ZB work, love the anatomy details!

Keep going!

P.S. Now I have to work harder to get my anatomy details looking even better!!

Old 03 March 2006   #52
Modeling: Thimnan_rigstart

just playing

Old 03 March 2006   #53
Modeling: Thinman_rigstart

So, i know it's not necessary to do a rig for posing..especially for a still, one view shooted image. Am just playing with these bones for fun and of course i want to create a natural pose for my character, mainly coz the right expression of the bodylanguage. Just a start, and playin' around the topic.

Have a nice day/night,
Tremo

Old 03 March 2006   #54
madshooter:
Thank you my friend. I wasted lot of time few months ago with displacement renders. So this time i will use skinwrap over the rigged character with subdivision2. It's enough for general forms. fine details will come with normal map, and bumps. As you see the basic model is made with higher number of polys than usual low poly blockouts, with this i can use less subdivision (one level for sure) in ZB, so it fits better for this old PC.

Sathe:
You're right, that piece will not be visible. But that's needed to well simulate cloth (especially if i work with soft cloths). The other side is: as it's a part of a body and i spent years with accademic studies i don't think it's a problem to model it although it's distorted on submissions coz i don't want to disturb people. Thanks for the question mate!

melkao:
Thank you my friend! Now i will make the rig for him and make some correctures to fit model and rig together smoothly. After that skinning and back to ZB with reposed model.

Vedic kings:
hey mate, thank you! i see too much mistakes to believe you but your comment feels good.

Old 03 March 2006   #55
Your rig is really complex looking! Can you explain it? I'm trying to study rigging too.

Old 03 March 2006   #56
Originally Posted by Womball: Your rig is really complex looking! Can you explain it? I'm trying to study rigging too.

Yes Womball, i will do that. I have to finish this, but later i will explain what and why. Till that..if you interested you can check after Kim Goossens. This guy used bones like this. Over a biped. So i will explain soon.

Old 03 March 2006   #57
hello man..amazing zbrushing ..looks very cool..no crits my friend..really great work here

Old 03 March 2006   #58
Originally Posted by Tremoside:

Didn't see it before. He is just great ! Amazing modeling in ZB and great render in max !
I'm speechless !

Old 03 March 2006   #59
Wow great anatomy...perhaps head is too big?

Zbrush is really a great tool!

Old 03 March 2006   #60
Hello Mark!!

It's been awhile since i've seen your thread, but that modeling is just awesome, i can't wait to se it all come together... sofar the design of this character is absolutely right as i imagined it would be. this is really going to be an excellent picture that conveys alot of information

Thread Closed share thread