The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Fernando García

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2006   #31
I like the ladder to the moon idea myself.

Good job so far on the modeling. You should make the eyebrows "pop out" some more as in the concept.

Old 03 March 2006   #32
hey, nice progress! I like the new one. He looks a bit like a teacher to me or even like Albert Einstein... was this the intention? Great work... keep going

Old 03 March 2006   #33
Modeling: head

This is the head, finished for the moment, though I could still tweak some small problems...
I'm quite satisfied with it, it's the first time I model a human head! (realistic or not)

se7enthcin - really? umm you are making me doubt again, hehe.... at the end I chose this one because people could relate more to a human character, and I wanted to model a human character, it's something I had never done before...

Jedi-Juice - Thanks, I've followed your suggestion, good point

theuni - mmm...no, it wasn't the intention, though I used to draw charicatures from my teachers so I might've been influenced, hehehe.... I pretend the hair to look a bit like the day Einstein found a comb... and darker ...though considering my experience it could result in something completely different, hehe...

Last edited by elmasfeo : 03 March 2006 at 02:03 PM. Reason: replying

Old 03 March 2006   #34
Hey pal,

great modeling What do you think... how much brain could you put into this head? I don`t think that this character would come up with something like: e=cm2

Old 03 March 2006   #35
Thumbs up

Hello!

Waouw lot of concept here, i like the one you choose, and the modeling start well, my only crits it's on the ears link to the head, something disturb me, and also on the up of the eyes , it's seems to be confused, anyway for your first human modeling it's really cool!!!

Keep this way, i'm waiting to see more, good luck!

Old 03 March 2006   #36
Nice modeling of the head! But i´m kinda sad you didn´t chose the guy in the upper right someone sugested. He was such a great character!

Anyway, this one is great too, and modeling seens like a tough job... Good luck! I´ll check back later!

Old 03 March 2006   #37
ummm.... I'm thinking now that this character doesn't fit the image, I don't know, maybe I focused too much in what I wanted to model for fun instead of thinking of what kind of guy would fit better into the image... maybe a more simple character would be better? something like the one at top-right a few posts back? something more cartoony with bigger eyes? I'm thinking about it... what do you think?

theuni - it's the hair what matters, it's all in the hair!

superxcm - thanks for your post and for your advices, I corrected it a bit, though I'm not posting it for the moment because it's just small changes and because what I said before... I might not keep it ... I'm confused

Carlos - Obrigado again... theuni also liked the top-right one.... and me too... as you can see, I'm all in doubt again (just like you in your thread... how am I going to help you decide if I cannot decide my own characters? hehe...)

Old 03 March 2006   #38
...already told you... go for the upper right one!!!

Old 03 March 2006   #39
unique idea and nice modeling, keep going the good work, i think the last face needs adjusting the nose.

Old 03 March 2006   #40
Great stuff dude ! Sorry I haven't dropped by before - I was looking for you over in the 2D section This looks like a great idea! Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Old 03 March 2006   #41
hey it looks like Jacques Chirac, the french president

-- jordi.riera@CGStepInside.com

Old 03 March 2006   #42
Concept Sketch: experimenting....

as you can see, I've been experimenting with several things, and painting over 3d images... I've modeled a new head based on the other character, I'm not sure if I should give him some nose and ears or not...
I've also given the old one some hair and etc to see how it would look at the end...
and I've been doing experiments about how to do the hair of the new one, at the end I think I could render a solid 3d mesh as hair and then paint over it in photoshop (is that cheating?)
...and I've also tried a shader for the snail I did at the beginning but it looks awful :P

NOTE: click on the image to enlarge...

as always, comments, ideas and sugerences are welcome, I feel a bit uninspired lately...

oh, and forget about the blue color, that's just random, it will probably be brownish or... I don't know

theuni - That's what I'm doing.... :)

FlaminGlow - Thanks a lot for stopping by and for that tip!

Overchord - thanks mate!

Kender - hehehe... I thought that too as I was doing it... but just when I see it unsmooth, with all the polys...

Last edited by elmasfeo : 03 March 2006 at 11:32 AM. Reason: replying

Old 03 March 2006   #43
I like that you decided on the moon ladder!
Pretty funny character, let's see where it ends!!

Muchísima suerte a tí también!

Old 03 March 2006   #44
Hi pal,

maybe the ears a little bit bigger and the eyebrow section higher for a more dreamy look... besides great choice on this character. I like him much better than Mr. Peanut Brain

Old 03 March 2006   #45
Very cool concept and nice Characters!

The modeling is looking good to

Keep it up!

Thread Closed share thread