The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Fernando García

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2006   #16
I like the snails/train idea. Really makes you sorry for the poor fellas.

DREAMSCAPE
/ TJB! / M&S
/ Spectacular + WIP / Steampunk

Old 03 March 2006   #17
Hi pal,

like both... the idea of the moon sketch and the comp of the train sketch Maybe you should consider to aim for a more dramatic comp in your moon sketch and that`s it the final idea I love flying snails... maybe you could manage to put little elves on top of them...

Old 03 March 2006   #18
Flying snails... Gee... I would like to known what have you been eating there in Spain, man! Just kidding...

A guy climbing to the moon is a hell of a long journey, but when it comes to some snails flying around him i end up thinking that the journey is on his head only (wich is also a nice way to think about it).

Old 03 March 2006   #19
Originally Posted by elmasfeo:
I think I like this idea, but I'm not sure if I could do it in 3D! ...and I should find a good main character...

go for it !! It looks grand.

Old 03 March 2006   #20
Modeling: snail

I still haven't decided which concept go with, but there are going to be snails for sure and I wanted to start with 3d...

Gord - Thanks for stopping by! :)

DVelasco - Thanks for your comment

theuni - good idea.... I had already thought of someone riding the snail, it was just that I didn't know if I will have the time for making a lot of elements, I usually work very slowly (like these snails :P ) I will consider it

DoInferno - it's not what you eat.... :D ( ... )

hobo - Thanks a lot! :thumbsup:

I've being doodling some characters to go with the moon image, but I'm still in doubt with what image continue :shrug: ...probably the one that gets better results with less job, hehehe... comments will be appreciated! :rolleyes:

Last edited by elmasfeo : 03 March 2006 at 05:23 PM.

Old 03 March 2006   #21
Nice Snail modelling!

Won´t you show us a version with wings?

Old 03 March 2006   #22
Concept Sketch: stairclimber ideas

so I decided to go with the stair to the moon idea, here are some sketches I did of possible (cartoony) characters to start climbing up to the moon...
I don't know how to make him, maybe I'll just make an extreme mix-up of all of these and improvise the rest directly on 3d...

The wings will come, hehe, don't worry ;)

Old 03 March 2006   #23
hey fernando old mate, cool to see you around here...
very nice concepts so far! didn't expect to find you here among the 3d guys...
the best of luck to you and your journey!

Old 03 March 2006   #24
Hi,

I like the guy in the upper right corner best... looks a bit like the creatures from Tim Burton. Maybe with the stupid face expression of the one bottom part middle Keep going, mix them up!!!

Old 03 March 2006   #25
Modeling: starting with modelling....

I've started modelling, I thought it would be easier to do the mouth and eyes first separatedly because they are the "holes" in the face...
I'm improvising directly on 3d, with some of those sketches in my head... probably not the wisest thing to do, but it's fun....
I decided to keep the eyes relatively realistic, I think that the eyes should be the most important part of a face, and they should be done good... the rest of the face will probably be much more cartoony
I'll keep updating...

Old 03 March 2006   #26
Hey man! Nice concepts so far, so cute! Im going for cute this time too.. Good luck and have fun!

Old 03 March 2006   #27
Cuantas y que buenas ideas!!!

I´ll follow your wip. Best luck!

Old 03 March 2006   #28
edit: I've got a newbie question : how can I make wireframe images like the rest of the people? is there any other solution apart from screen-capturing? I'm working with max...

Salamander
- Nice to see you too, good luck in your journey!

theuni - Thanks! at the end I think I'll be doing another one that I sketched yesterday... thanks mate

Frozzt - thanks for stopping by, your entry is looking very good already!

Daniel - Gracias!

update in 5... 4... 3... 2...

Last edited by elmasfeo : 03 March 2006 at 06:57 PM.

Old 03 March 2006   #29
Modeling: sketch + modelling

Going on with modelling... next thing I'll do is to move/scale parts to make it look more like the sketch at the left... any opinion about this new guy?

Old 03 March 2006   #30
I like the style. Though I am a little sad that you chose the ladder over the train but it is your choice. I support you either way!

Thread Closed share thread