The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Fernando García

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2006
The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Fernando García

Fernando García is entered in the "The Journey Begins Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Modeling: presenting.... the ladder

03 March 2006
Good Luck everybody!

...I've been thinking wether to enter the 2D or 3D challenge and I've finally decided to try 3D for a change... don't expect mega big fast modelling or anything, hehe, I'm just joining for practice... I will post some ideas later....

03 March 2006
I look forward to them

03 March 2006
Concept Sketch: first ideas

These are some of the first ideas that popped into my mind... and they need an explanation, as they are super-sketchy:

Top left, there is an open window, a bird cage, and a bird flying free out of it...

Bottom left, it's the same window and some snails getting out of the house, down the wall and through the grass... imagine a lot more details, a sunny day and a nice texture at the wall...

Top right, it's the interior of a refrigerator or maybe just a kitchen stand, there are some eggs on it, and a small chick coming out of one of them with puzzled expression...

middle-right, it's a snail making its way to a lettuce...too landscapish, it could work as a banner...

and bottom right, the head looks horrible right now, but it would be a very old american indian, dressed in an elegant suit, with some feathers in his hair... in the sky the silouette of an eagle and in the background an industrial city and some smoke...

03 March 2006
Concept Sketch: 2 more ideas

two more sketches.... they are more like what I think thay want out of us, a cute character looking to a vast landscape, it's maybe too obvious...

In the first one a newborn chick looks at the world for the first time, at the far background some birds fly around a big mountain...

In the second one a koala bear (or something similar) leaves his forest where there's no more green leaves, everything is dry except for another forest, all green, at the far background... at the foreground, a winged snail over a tree branch... (yes, it's a snail and it's got wings, so it's a winged snail :) )

03 March 2006
Hi,

and welcome to the challange... I like youre sketches especially the one with the flying snail

03 March 2006
hey there elmasfeo.. nice start

yea i like dat winged snail too..inspiring..

03 March 2006
Elmasfeo! Here we are again at another Challenge! Wish you a lot of luck, and i´m hoping you finish your piece in time!

03 March 2006
Concept Sketch: trains and snails

Here's another one, with more snails on it... I thought that snails would fit here, as anything they do is like a very loooong journey...

Thanks for your comments guys! I'll try to do some more sketches for some ideas that I have in my head now and then settle down with something as soon as possible...

03 March 2006
Hi fernando. This is the best one! Really good idea and composition!

A lot of work to do with the train, but you have to do it! I'll follow your journey. Good Luck!

03 March 2006
Train and snails is an interesting contrast, even an element of danger if he happens to turn left

03 March 2006
I like the snail idea but I think you could expand it more. Picture this. One snail about to board a train. You could show the distance of everyone around him. He could have his luggage ready piled on his shell. The figures around him could be blurred as they move quickly in comparison to the slow character. You could even add an annoyed or concerned employee of the train station watching this long journey before the relatively shorter journey. Just a suggestion.

But I like what you're doing. Keep going!

03 March 2006
Concept Sketch: another idea....

One more idea... forget about the character design for the moment, the image would consist in a guy starting to climb up a rope ladder to the moon... to enhace the dreamy atmosphere, an spiral of flying snails goes up around the ladder... I think I like this idea, but I'm not sure if I could do it in 3D! ...and I should find a good main character...

03 March 2006
theuni - Thanks! I also like the flying snails... I think I'm going to keep the snails, some way or another....

Squibbit - Thanks a lot, btw, you should put a link to your journey entry in your signature, your crazy ideas are amazing, hehe...

DoInferno - Here we go! I'll try to finish it this time

medunecer - I like that one too, thanks for your encouraging post!

kary - thanks for your post, I'll tell the snail to be careful near the railroad

se7enthcin - Good idea! hehehe ...I like the part of the luggage piled on the shell.... but I still don't know what I will end up doing...

03 March 2006
Hi Elmasfeo - you have some interesting ideas happening here! Good luck

Gord

My Anatomy Thread

My Website

Good Facial Expressions Resource:

http://www.artnatomia.net/uk/artnatomy.html

Thread Closed share thread