The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Raymond O'Doul

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2006
these are awesome! sooo cute. I'd think about bringing back that pucker mouth though-it suited the character perfectly!

03 March 2006
Good luck fro the contest Ray !
Julien

Effectred. Creative Studio
www.effectred.com

03 March 2006
wellcome to the challenge!! this is just too cute!! i must watch you!! waaaa i love it!!

03 March 2006
????

Oau, this small worm or what it supposed to be is very very sweet. It must be a funny scene.

03 March 2006
Thanks guys, welcome on board! Here's the latest bug.

03 March 2006
I love it when I see all that serious 3D technology being employed for funny cartoons. Looking forward for the rest of the bugs.

03 March 2006
Great Characters! Very Cute!

DWIII Entry

03 March 2006
A very pre-bodypaint texture test. Last one for today. Time to go watch Illinois kick Michigan's butt in NCAA b-ball.

03 March 2006
Good looking models Ray. Super speedy work dood. Coming along nicely!

03 March 2006
Very nive models, really cool design

Just donīt forget to upload the progress in cgtalk server .. you need to complete the milestones to complete the challenge ...

03 March 2006
I like the look of your worm so far. Nice job. Keep going and like JR.BRAZ said. you should upload those images as the milestones. Remember, you can enter more than one image for each milestone.

03 March 2006
Haha! funny little bugs in here!
Nice style..
*subscribes*

CHARACTER DESIGN

03 March 2006
Modeling: Bugs

More bugs to come. Thanks for your comments guys. They are very motivating. This is going to be fun.

03 March 2006
looking good Ray,I just love that shader on the worm..curious about your body paint workflow as I'd always assumed your materials were all shader based,that soft velvety look your models have is awesome & suits the toon aspect perfectly

03 March 2006
Hi Stephan, thanks! Yes, that portion of the texture is a shader, it's pretty simple actually, a bit of fresnel and a bit of bump, put together and stir vigorously.

The bodypaint portion will come in when I go to paint alpha channels for the various markings on the bugs. I've only been using it for a couple weeks now (embarassing because I've actually had it for quite some time now) and I'm sure there are probably better ways to go about the things I've been doing with it but for now, they work for me.

Thanks again for your words.

Thread Closed share thread