The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Mathias Varaste

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2006   #31
I've just had a chance to go through your thread and I'm very impressed by your beautiful modeling. As for the comments on the terrain - I really like those rocky hills leaning in towards eachother. They are very beautiful but also give a bit of a spooky feel about it which I like a lot, like they're trying to close in on the pathway. It definitely makes it more interesting

Old 04 April 2006   #32
wow man youre doing a great job here!!.love all your models !..the teddy bear is amazing ..ill be following your steps now on! keep going man..

Old 04 April 2006   #33
mdavid;
Hi Mark, and thank you for the comment! I meant to have somewhat contrasty
background as oppose to the foreground, but not too much to make it scary, cause it is supposed to be attractive to youngsters as target demographic, so it can't be too spooky!
I'm glad you liked it!

rattlesnake;
Thanks alot, It's an hounor, and I'm very pleased that you like it, I really admire your style!

Old 04 April 2006   #34
Shading (Textured and lit): Mother Nature!

A little green update!

Old 04 April 2006   #35
Really nice work on that textures.

Good luck with the challenge.

Russel

Old 04 April 2006   #36
Hi Long time i didn't check this, just a simple word for your textured face of the girl ((( IMPRESSIVE )).

Old 04 April 2006   #37
Hey Mathias, really like your work...especially the house with hearts and you female character...might want to varry the spacing of the fringe on her boots though to make it look more organic? Looking forward to see more! Good luck!

Old 04 April 2006   #38
Thanks a lot for the warm comments and crits!

Torsten; I'm glad you liked it!
Mohammed; So very kind of you, That was just a test, no SSS or proper lighting, I
still have a difficult time choosing the right face, I made 7 heads so far and will do
one or two more, until I get it right!
Eric; thanks, You are right about the fringe, though it won't even show in the final
comp which is 1200X600, but if I get more time I would love to do a beauty render
with more details and proper fringe of sool!

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Old 04 April 2006   #39
Shading (Textured and lit): Mina

Here in Mina! I was looking for a way to give her kind of a sad and nostalgic expression, cause she's leaving her grandma' and at the same time being slightly entertained by her dog's gesture, who is trying to cheer her up!

Old 05 May 2006   #40
Shading (Textured and lit): Mina and backpack

This thread is going waaay too "soft"! On the next challenge, I will do an Orc or Ogre, badly wounded, on the ground, bleeding, ... and still... playing violin! :)

Old 05 May 2006   #41
Mathias-
Hallo my good friend, yep very long time we dont talk. Finally u found some time for your first challange, I really happy for you. I must say good start here and keep this way I really like this style. Of course waiting for more updates and sure I wish good luck for you my big friend.
Unfortunally I can't start the challange for only one reason : a lot of work
I dunno for the next challange, I am very busy you know...
Well Keep roking Mathias, I wait your next update.

PS : a part this, I really wish all ok in your life Mathias.

Alex.

Last edited by alexfalchi : 05 May 2006 at 01:13 AM.

Old 05 May 2006   #42
Yo my friend you Italian stallion, Finally I meet you again! So good to see you again!
Thanks a lot for your support pal! Hope you are ok and everything is going your way!
I really really hope you are in for the next challenge! I know you work hard and have
very little time, but hey, life is short and if your work doesn't let you do what you
like, then you need to change your job! Just kidding!
Stay healthy brother and have fun!
Sincerely!

Old 05 May 2006   #43
Modeling: Chin chin!

Here is the main character! I wanted it to be as close to a "Petit Griffon" as possible, though there are not so many shaved blueprints of this breed. Now on to weight map painting!

Old 05 May 2006   #44
Hey Mathias, I think nearly everyone's thread is going a bit soft...kind of funny...well, life needs that too. Like the expression on the face of your main character and look forward to seeing Chin Chin shaded -- very cute (and soft!). Good luck!

Old 05 May 2006   #45
Thanks Eric for your support and I'm glad you liked it!
Good luck with your thread too!

Thread Closed share thread