The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Marco Fantechi

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2006   #61
Modeling: adding stuff

I have just modeled the microscope and the pill in the backgruond. This is the idea: the nanobot is going to enter in the pill using it as a "rocket-ship", ready to start his trip inside the human body.

Old 03 March 2006   #62
Love your bot! He does look very clean and sleek - for some reason i can really imagine him when i go to the dentist! Only crit is that -if he were a nano-bot -he'd have to be even smaller in scale compared to the pill and microscope, i think. Perhaps if you used a fish-eye lens? But i think thats very easily resolved - and i love your idea and composition!

Old 03 March 2006   #63
he does look a bit large compared to the pill,I love the idea of the microscope looming above.
not sure if I'd want him lurking around my insides after seeing the attachments on his arms..

looking forward to textures

Cheers!

Old 03 March 2006   #64
Hi fellows!

Selina42: Thanks selina! Infact I was thinking about a dentist that I know...I saw his studio months ago, and I was really impressed! It was so perfectly white, aseptic and so sleek. About size: you're right: Im having many problems with the nano-bot size and the relationship between it and the microscope. I hope to solve it soon! Thanks for the crits!

Stefan_Morrell: Hey, No fear! He's a great surgeon! And sooner or later this kind of toys will swim freely inside us! Thanks for the advice about the size!

Old 03 March 2006   #65
I like the thingy holding the pill, oh and the nannobot is aslo looking great.

Old 03 March 2006   #66
I thought the pill would look more like a ship, or just have some gadgets.

Will it be just a transportation? Then when the robot get inside he will come out of the pill?

::My post on The Journey::

Old 03 March 2006   #67
I agree with Stefan about the pill size-at this angle you wouldn't instantly get it that he's goilg in there..maybe it should be open? looking tops though, and apart from the pill, the composition looks really good.

Old 03 March 2006   #68
ah now your stuck on your perspective too... Im starting today, with a goal, to have my perspective down! Looks great so-far, would love to see more. What sort of energy does your nano use... does he get in and out of the pill during the journey... ?? I like asking questions like this. I wish you luck!

Cheers

Old 03 March 2006   #69
Hi mates! Thanks for your comments! The composition you saw is not the definitive; I have to resolve a lot of troubles and I'm working on a color concept that I hope to post tomorow. In the concept, I'm going to improve the idea of the pill, adding a door and a stair to get inside it.

Geteken: Thanks! I'm going to add some details on the nanobot soon!
rodrigoessinger: I think that I'll put a simply door on the pill, and...well, after all a pill is always a pill...I dont think I'll make it as a ship.
shakes: Your words guys make me think...I think the pill is quite disturbing in that angle...I was thinking to erase it...but first i'll try to change its place and to add a stair (as an airplane external stair), to underline the idea of "begin-a-journey".
rasamaya: Good questions! I think I'll add some details on the nanobot (as small wires, transistors and tiny hardware) to suggest the kind of energy used...yes, but...which is the energy used? Well, I don't know yet...I hope to find an idea soon!
Thanks for all your suggestions!

Old 03 March 2006   #70
Thumbs up

very nice style too, it seems it's more hard to keep a style in 3D; have fun

Old 03 March 2006   #71
Ciao Marco! Good concept and great modeling as expected. I like it man, this will be looking top notch. That swiss army knife hand is a cool idea.

Good luck for your next steps. Will be back!

EON
My journey entry
Spectacular
Master and Servant

Old 03 March 2006   #72
nice modeling!! the perspective is excelent too.

Old 03 March 2006   #73
Concept Sketch: scene sketch

This is another sketch of the whole scene (I hope the last one!). I still have some troubles with the pill. I think to resolve it when I'll have all the items ready in the scene.

Old 03 March 2006   #74
Modeling: the surgeon

This is the start of the model of the first surgeon.

Old 03 March 2006   #75
Hey Marco you have a lot of great updates here! I especially like the concept with the pill/ship in the right foreground, it does a great job framing the image and centering your view on the nanobot.

Matt

Thread Closed share thread