The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Jim Heathcott

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2006   #31
Holey Moley, that's awesome soapy!! what a great character! you gotta send your stuff to toy companies.

the story is brilliant- I love the queen being carried on hotwheel cars. perfect

Old 03 March 2006   #32
Originally Posted by Crin: Lovely style you've got going on here, any one else sick of photo realism? Nice refreshing direction mate. My only crit would be that the feet look a little "too real" for the rest of the character. (e.g. compare the feet to the hands.)
Thanks Crin, believe it or not I usually try and make my stuff as photoreal as possible. I do the best I can to make these look like 'real' toys. But I hear what you are saying and I agree why make 3d photos when you can use a camera. As for the character I will be doing some more work to bring the rest of the organic part of the model up to the level of the feet. So more work to do yet.

Hey thanks shakes. I am pretty happy so far. Sometimes it is pretty hard to take a crappy little line drawing and convert its essence into 3d.

Old 03 March 2006   #33
Great story - sounds like a lot of work, but I'm sure you can make it justice. I like it very much
Hotwheel - is that like toycars?
As ususal, I find your approach very inspiring.

WIP: Anatomy

Demoreel

Old 03 March 2006   #34
haha here we are Jim ! Good luck for the contest !
Julien

Effectred. Creative Studio
www.effectred.com

Old 03 March 2006   #35
Hey James, thank you very much for checking out my thread. Cool looking little fellow you have there, looking forward to seeing him progress!

Matt

Old 03 March 2006   #36
Shading (Textured and lit): Curly with textures

Here is the Curly model. I worked up the modeling quite a bit and got a start on the textures. Plus he is pretty well rigged. I finally got around to building a decent doll eyeball and I am pretty happy with it so far.

He ended up with more attitude than I thought he would.

Old 03 March 2006   #37
fantastic soapy! nice metal, and he even looks a bit like Winston Churchill! classic

Old 03 March 2006   #38
Hey looking good!

Old 03 March 2006   #39
that dent goes perfect with those skratches... you already have the -bring the plastictoys into life- feeling there... the Soapy trademark...

Old 03 March 2006   #40
tooooo funny. I love it!

Old 03 March 2006   #41
Nothing cute about that toy, he's got attitude all right! Wonderful texture work - the dirt under his toenails just cracks me up. Great work

WIP: Anatomy

Demoreel

Old 03 March 2006   #42
LOL.......

that's looking class.

turner

Old 03 March 2006   #43
Nice helmet shader, maybe more scratches could be seen. That guy is realy badass

OKTA-STUDIO.com <<< Protfolio Rendering/Lighting

Old 03 March 2006   #44
That's brilliant Soapy !

Old 03 March 2006   #45
Audible laughter. The anistropic effect on the metal shader looks great. Something like a stainless steel pan.

Thread Closed share thread