The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Kory Heinzen

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2006   #61
Hey Guys,
thanks for taking a look at the characters and especially Gretel. I hope I can get this feeling right in 3D.
I still haven't decided how much of the front we will see. I am hoping I can come up with a believable layout that would allow us to see the kids faces and emotions,

Theuni- I am glad you appreciate my research. I know I can't fool the real Germans.
Even though my name is super German, I have never even been there. I would love to be able to get tickets to the World Cup!
SECRET AGENT
B-Movie

Old 03 March 2006   #62
Modeling: more gretel model

I worked a little more on this.
The eyes are still in progress. I haven't quite decided how I will model them. It may be a bit tricky to get the style I want.
I am still working on some z-brush tutorials so I can really brings this to life.
SECRET AGENT
B-Movie

Old 03 March 2006   #63
The exagerated look od shoulders and else makes her look so sweet....

Nice work

Old 03 March 2006   #64
Hi Corey, great Stuff!

If you're aiming to hit the drawing, the hands are looking great - atypical for 3D modeling and very fitting! The dress looks too smooth, it misses the edges of your design - and the head isn't that far yet, but ... hotdamn!... looking good.

drip.de

Old 03 March 2006   #65
Talking

lol cool updates keep rocking

Old 03 March 2006   #66
i really like your entry. you have such great paintig and modeling skills. keep it up :-)
gretl looks great by the way...

Old 03 March 2006   #67
Hehe...she's looking just like your concept. I think that you can try lightening the dark color around her eyes a bit.

Old 03 March 2006   #68
Excellent stuff Kory ! the modeling is great ! I really like the way you texture your models !

Old 03 March 2006   #69
This looks a lot better! I dunno if she needs that much zbrushing. If you can I would make it very subtle.

Old 03 March 2006   #70
Originally Posted by KOryH: Hey Guys,
thanks for taking a look at the characters and especially Gretel. I hope I can get this feeling right in 3D.
I still haven't decided how much of the front we will see. I am hoping I can come up with a believable layout that would allow us to see the kids faces and emotions,

Theuni- I am glad you appreciate my research. I know I can't fool the real Germans.
Even though my name is super German, I have never even been there. I would love to be able to get tickets to the World Cup!

Aaaah, you can bet on that pal! I will watch this with my German Eagle-Eyes And a little suggestion already for the costume... quillings around the bottom of her skirt would look more authentic. Only a humble opinion Keep going... great work!!!

Old 03 March 2006   #71
this looks great so far. your drawing skills are exceptional..that concept sketch is a knockout! and the gretel sketch is beautiful. liking the way the model is looking too.
you're bookmarked!!

Old 03 March 2006   #72
Ohh, the sketch is just great and the girl model look wonderful so far! Good luck!

Old 03 March 2006   #73
Fine!
Terrible travel begins! An atmosphere very real.

portfolio

Old 03 March 2006   #74
Hahaha!
the face of Gretel looks very cool! so much personality!
You're still busy with the yes you said, well, I'll wait a little longer for those then..
Looking very promissing...

CHARACTER DESIGN

Old 03 March 2006   #75
The model is coming out very well. Nice style.

Thread Closed share thread