The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Kory Heinzen

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2006
Hey Pig-- just moved over here. Thanks for keeping up.
dMonk---that hair is actually pretty historical. The buns are actually more in the back than the sides.
I need to start modeling soon because I am so slow. I am also going to brush up on my z-brush. no pun intended. I have added detail to models before, but never really gotten into character stuff with it. I want to learn Z-shperes and all that stuff. You know, like the big guys do it. I like to be challenged by the challenges he he
SECRET AGENT
B-Movie

03 March 2006
I really like your painted concept sketch even its not created for this comp but as idea it is great. I will be watching this thread, there will be some big things going on for sure

03 March 2006
Hi KOryH,

fantastic sketches you show up with, "cute" concept!!! Can`t wait to see the first steps in 3D btw welcome to the challange...

03 March 2006
Terrific characters, Kory. (I'll be smiling for the rest of the day because of them )
Now where's the witch?

03 March 2006
hey, thanks for the comments.
I had fun with the characters. The only bad thing is that they are so full of style and cute that they are going to be a PITA in 3D. Well at least for me. With cleaqn shapes lke this, there is so little room for error. Things can go from cute to horrific pretty fast in 3D.

As for the wich, well, that would be fun now, wouldn'it . HMM maybe if I had the time I can sneek her in sneeky like behaind some trees. but let's not get ahead of ourselves...

Anyway I got some research done on the costumes and some trees. The ones I have in there right now are't to accurate to the location I was thinking of. But I think I can take some liberties. But I will have some more varieties of trees to add some visual interest.

See ya,
SECRET AGENT
B-Movie

03 March 2006
Hey Kory,

I must say that is a wonderful concept sketch. This concept sketch is really making me try my hand in the 2d section of the challenge this time , didn't quite make the 2d challenge last time.

If you can get that feel of your sketch in 3d you will have a great entry , good luck with this.

03 March 2006
Fantastic character sketches man. I'm looking forward to more, and more, and more....... and more. I guess I'm trying to say, keep it up!

03 March 2006
Talking

cool sketchs keep going

03 March 2006
Dimitris said that you will kick an ass...
I can understand now what he was talking about...
You kick asses !
Awesome sketches ! The forest is just great and could be already a winner in the 2D section...
The character design is cool too !
I will follow this thread with great interest !
Thanks for sharing this !

03 March 2006
great sketches..

03 March 2006
Damnit another thread of yours to subscribe to Character concepts are looking real nice and I love your concept sketch for the scene/setting... Looking forward to see how this one develops as well!

03 March 2006
Ha there is so much to keep up with. some people are doing so well. Including some of you who have visited. I am doing some color sketches for the characters right now.
I think the figures are going to be the hardest thing for me to do. expect an update soon.
I am still in the design phase but I hope to be working on the characters in 3D by next week.

Any helpful modeling suggestions are welcomed!

See ya
SECRET AGENT
B-Movie

03 March 2006
Great

I realy love you concept!

Hey, say to me:
how much time you have to drawn you Idea? (is beautifull!)
My concept final concept I spend 4 hours... And my concept is very simple confrontation whith you concept...

03 March 2006
Woohoo! You're doing the Hansel and Gretel!

I love the colour concept and i can imagine this looking just fantastic with the extra 'D'!

Cool character designs too. Especially your podgy Hansel...

*subscribed*

(eDiT: If you're still thinking of adding a witch, you could maybe just go for a dark silhouette in the woods... make it distinct with a hat and a stylised shape perhaps?)

03 March 2006
Concept painting rocks! Character sketches kick ass! Definitely looking forward to more!

*subscribed*

Thread Closed share thread