The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Jack zhang

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2006   #61
She looks pretty nice and sexy , waiting for more!

Old 05 May 2006   #62
Hi Jack! Very nice and fresh character you´ve got here. And love your "easy feel free" concept. One point might be her upper teeth - looks like something stright what is holding her smile shape But that is just small point. Keep up good woork! Good luck

Old 05 May 2006   #63
Modeling: little add-on always make better

I brought LRP scene to work, but forgot to take the textures with me :P so here's a mesh render. I found little simple details such as the tie between the little bag and her belts makes the image much richer and alive. she's getter cuter and happier.

i'm gonna finish meshing her and her stuff today then start texturing her tomorrow.

Old 05 May 2006   #64

TO Oceanbluesky: more shadows(or harder shadows). Got it! Thanx bro!
TO Junerahe : Good call bro! you always there watching the my corners. that can be done easily with uv map, i will do it tonight. btw thanx for pulling my thread up.
TO Climax: thank you for coming and your encouragement .
TO Oweron: again, the lip/smile. i sure need to do something about it. thanx Oweron. btw, your render tree of the dragon is just...... (tears in my big blinking eyes)... awsome.

Old 05 May 2006   #65
Modeling: throw it away!

did some folds on her shoes, some little thing on the glove. a little bunny on the bag. the most important thing, she throws things now.

there's gonna be a teddy bear and a crown in her "throwing-bag". not that she doesn't want what's in the bag, it's just that she's like super happy about her run-away so she forgets about anything else.

Old 05 May 2006   #66
Hey Jack, really like the addition of these props they capture the movement and personality of your character...really wonderful. The bend in her right knee, just behind her kneecap, seems a bit rubbery, perhaps you are already planning to take care of that by painting weights for your rig. Sorry can't suggest any other positive crits. Great work! Looking for more!

Old 05 May 2006   #67
Modeling: here goes her teddy!

omg, she throw her teddy away! T.T that's just...wrong!

basiclly, now everything that belongs to her are done. I jump back to her dress, adding more details so she looks more like a real princess.

about her teeth, lips texture, and shadows under skirt, i will correct them during the texturing process. her right knee is fixed (or i assume it feels better now :P).

hope you enjoy it for now. more coming tomorrow.

Last edited by JackZhang : 05 May 2006 at 04:18 AM.

Old 05 May 2006   #68
I do enjoy it, thank you.

Great form, this one is refreshing.

My only C&C's are the crown, I would make it stand out a little more, like being lofted in the air.

Oh and she could be throwing some of her clothes off

See ya soon!

Old 05 May 2006   #69
Thumbs up

Hey Jack, like the new details...the teddy bear, creases on her gloves, and straps across her front blouse. Love to watch works like this evolve. Looking forward to seeing more! Excellent inspiring work thus far!

Old 05 May 2006   #70
Modeling: modeling of LRP complete

a bit more details on the shirt and skirt give a bit more feeling on the charactor. So now, my LRP is finally done in terms of modeling. Big milestone today.

starts texturing.

Old 05 May 2006   #71
Shading (Textured and lit): pink!

i know i shouldn't do like update 5 times a day but, man i'm just so loving what i just got.

sharing with all of you!

Old 05 May 2006   #72
Big improvement! The folds on her skirt are truly impressive. How 'bout a wire?

Keep it up.

Old 05 May 2006   #73
Shading (Textured and lit): wire+render

as Jedi-Juice required, here posting a wire with the newest render. lace on her skirt is done.

Old 05 May 2006   #74
Shading (Textured and lit): more texure

as one of my colleague suggested, I touched her hair a bit to give it more flying feeling.

and more texture. the plan is to finish her texture tomorrow; do animals mesh on monday 8th; texturing animals on tuesday 9th; set up simple mesh for the enviroment on 10th and, start matte painting on 11th and try to finish everything around 20th.

Last edited by JackZhang : 05 May 2006 at 04:48 AM.

Old 05 May 2006   #75
Talking

What's up Jack!! You rock!! Hahahah! You know who I am?!? You should! I'm your biggest fear!

Seriously, your work is AWSOME! I'm loving it! (Just like the clown)

I can't wait to see the animals! Keep the work on!

Thread Closed share thread