The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Jack zhang

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2006
Nice pose,but character could be better a bit...

good luck

03 March 2006

TO Womgoose: HEHE, thanx for your feed back, i will try not to make you upset....much :P
TO UIRON: ROFL, man i so love your sense of humor. stand the current version for a few more days and i promise she won't be drunk anymore :P

TO stavrevstefan: thank you stefan and, would you mind give me more direction of how to make it better in your opnion so i can jump outside of my own box?

03 March 2006
Great to see you progress Jack. I like a lot the sketch you mad and the new pose is even more dynamic I think there is a little something about the left eye she look a bit tire, you should try to put both eye open the same way. keep it up

03 March 2006
lovely lady,
lovely pose..
maybe try to rotate some more with her highest foot (her right), or rotate her toes down, like she's curling them up, like all of us do when you're exited, right?

Good stuff..

CHARACTER DESIGN

03 March 2006

TO centavrus: thank you very much for your comment. i will drop by your entry sometime today. let's all keep up the good work. good luck to you.

TO MichaelMotion: look! it's the doggy man! lol. i saw your entry couple of weeks ago, i just love your concept and overall style so much! it just CUTE! my entry would also go for cartoony style but not as cartoony as you that's my plan. i will work on her posing more to show more happyness and excitment. Thank you for your dropping by and your comment!

TO Cygnus-X: i was working on her yesterday.without 5-mins-save.then power glith, all computer rebooted.lost what i did. that's just.whack. yes i was doing nothing new, just a little bit tweaking the pose, lost old projection so i created another one. i'm moving this weekend and then need some time to set up my new apt next week then there's easter break gf's planning to go to toronto for a trip. i don't know how much time i can get for myself in april >< that's just sad. but i will try to keep it up.

04 April 2006
Shading (Textured and lit): LRP facial texture

finally, back from...other things in life. i guess the time is really ticking now. i finished texturing the head tonight and probably will do a simple touch on the body skin, since they won't show much, before bed time. Anyway the idea is to finish 3d elements by the end of april.

for those who made comments on her freaky eyes and wierd facial expression, i hope you like the current update.

p.s anyone welcomes me back? :P

04 April 2006
Welcome back! This looks much better! The eyes are still a bit dark, they could be a bit brighter I think. The teeth are really bright! They could be closer to the teeth in brightness.

04 April 2006
JackZhang, nice idea and nique very different from what i saw here, nice model though the materials still not so good for the metals, but face of character is so great no critiques.

04 April 2006

TO WOMBALL: Thank you buddy for your welcome. it's nice to be back. i will light up the eyeballs tonight. the teeth is constant white with dirt map shader. that's why it's so bright. eyeballs has enviromental reflection on it. i used a night HDRI. i will change it to a day light one so it can be brighter.

TO sky_fox and flaminglow: thank you two for your nicely comments. those comments give me strength. Thank you.

i'm gonna redo the cloth mesh tonight. i had some idea during the last month. i think it would be better than the old version. let's see.

05 May 2006
Modeling: her new dress

I guess it's pretty hard to put yourself back on the wheel after a long break, yet I finally manage to get it done. All those motivation came back in the recent day or two and, here we go, more LRP.

I can't remember how many dress styles i did or tried for her. Come to think of it, the dress was what slowed me down. i did not dressed her in the concept because i couldn't get a clear image in my head of what i really want to put on her; i spend longer time on dressing mesh due to lacking of concept...

But all these matters not now. I got her dressing-concept-mesh done. I don't know about you guys, but i like it. it's not complete yet, but it makes me want to work on it more, rather than delete everything that i did in 3 hrs and say "i just wasted another night".

05 May 2006
Hey Jack, nice pose! Very, very expressive! Glad you are back. I think you've done a fantastic job with the dress and her blouse. Maybe a little more shadow under the trim of her skirt?? Would definitely not "delete the whole thing" this is really exceptionally good work. Also like the way you have splayed her hands, continuing motion in her arms. She's a really cute model...I think she looks great! Hope to see more! (Oh, and sheez, Nancy in your portfolio is hot!)

05 May 2006
Modeling: her travel bags

i downloaded xsi try-out at work today and worked a bit on her accessories.

Unlike the cloth, I had the ideas of what i want to do with her bags from day one. Now here comes the part that i really like about my concept: I don't want to make a "mature" journey-begins. Meaning unlike most of the regular travellers who knows what they are doing and having everything prepared, our little princess has an awful preparation. All her bags will be compratively small, and most of what's in the bags are nothing travel-related.

I find the new elements make the image more alive. hope you like it as well.

05 May 2006
I love the feeling of soft cloth u have on her dress.. it almost looks like silk. I love ur concept of bad preparation. Her face looks great although i feel teh upper lip's volume should be spread out more because the middle of the upper lip doesnt look like its stretching along with the smile. Beyond that I think everything looks great. Sorry its so brief im pissed off cause I had to write this twice because of GCTalk Maintenance.... keep posting jack

Thread Closed share thread