The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Jack zhang

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2006   #16
thank you Kary for that important information. I guess i will close that wip thread and put everything over here. it's a safe way after all. and i'm glad that you like the idea. in fact this image is stating a transition period, she runs away from one "journey" for another "journey". as i was talking to my friend early today, that i'm gonna start dressing her. it's a bit challenging since the dress need to show her as a princess and also a travellor as well.

anyway, again, thank you and thank kinomoto for your kindly reply and support.

Old 03 March 2006   #17
so the design of her dressing started. got couple of ideas of the overall looking, put them in 2d, but since only myself would understand what i draw, i won't put them as milestone. didn't do much mesh work, starting with 3 necklaces around her neck. here's just one of them.the other two will be way thinner and would be able to show the feeling of bouncing.

Old 03 March 2006   #18
Modeling: necklace 1/3

one of three necklaces around her neck

Old 03 March 2006   #19
Glad to be of some help The thick necklace looks good -- having 3 should make for a nice spot of detail.

Originally Posted by JackZhang: it's a bit challenging since the dress need to show her as a princess and also a travellor as well.

Well the nice thing about princesses is that they aren't noted for their practicality

Old 03 March 2006   #20
Modeling: facial expression

so, there, she laughes. without hair. it's really freaky i guess.

i changed the idea of the necklace, a big one is enough, i think now it's pretty clear that she's a princess.

Last edited by JackZhang : 03 March 2006 at 02:42 AM.

Old 03 March 2006   #21
This looks awesome, I have watched your 3d art grow the last couple years and I am must say, You amaze me every model. Keep it up and yu will be quite the contender.

Baron

Old 03 March 2006   #22
hey, great character and modelling Jack. the head is really distinctive and expressive, and you did a really great job on the body.look forward to more!

Old 03 March 2006   #23

To Lordrych: I can't believe someone actually followed my "growing" progress all this years. I must say I feel extremely flattered. There's more than just a simple thank-you i want to say, in fact, it's just too strong to let me express it. Meanwhile I feel letting you down for could not make a better and more enjoyable model. I swear I will die-trying to make this image as great as possible. Thank you very much Lordrych.

To shakes: Thank you pal. I checked and replied your journey post as well. keep it up and enjoy all.

Old 03 March 2006   #24
Modeling: LRP - Hair

I did say i won't do hair simulation this time couple of weeks ago, but I just can't stop trying to work on hair sim. Lucky this time i got the feeling right by first shot. so here, my LRP (Little Run-away Princess) finally get rid off her "budda" look.

Old 03 March 2006   #25
hey jack,

Great character, love the "Stylised" look of this character. your still early in it so keep ya head up and continue would like to see more. See you soon Jack!

-= Man with One Chopstick , Go Hungry =-

Old 03 March 2006   #26
looking good with hair- that is one great face!

Old 03 March 2006   #27
Nice hair!

The Journey Begins
Spectacular 3D

Old 03 March 2006   #28
Modeling: Her dress mesh is done

after being lazy for 5 days, her dress is done. I spent couple of days struggling with the idea of what kind of dress should i give it to her.

There are two kinds of run-away, the ones which are well planed, or the ones not. And for my case, it's the second one.

I want to make a little "stupid" princess. Running-away from the castle is the only thing in her mind. I want to make sure that her dress, her bag, and her whatever shows that she's not well prepared. that's why right now she doesn't looks like a travellor.

oh and, yah i starts to texture now. i plan to do a lot of ps work on the dress to fake the folding and all.

Last edited by JackZhang : 03 March 2006 at 12:26 AM.

Old 03 March 2006   #29
Looking good. I know that it is still early, but the texturing on her eye kinda makes her look like she's got a bruiser there. I'm sure you'll fix that. Anyway, looking forward to your progress.

Old 03 March 2006   #30
I love the style! However the clothes look like they are made of paper and have no depth to them. I think you extrude an edge and move it inward it would give the illusion of depth.

Thread Closed share thread