The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Selina Moore

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2006   #46
Hey guys!

Thanks for the comments!

medunecer - thanks very much for the coments -and i'll definately go with the last image for my idea now!

Grind3d - definaely going to try that in 3d -its a common concensus of opinion - so id be daft not to listen!

Nakary - Thank you! I'm using XSI for this - but given the amazing results everyone gets with Z-brush - i'm definately going to gve that a try for some of the finer detail. I havent actually learnt Z-Brush - but i reckon this is as good a time as any to give it a go!

DimitrisLiatsos - Thank you ever so much for the kind comment - I hope i get at least some of the way towards making it match the painting! Fingers crossed!

Old 03 March 2006   #47
Modeling: mouse head so far...

Initial stage of my mouse head. its obviously not finished round the back (in case anyone was wondering!) and some areas could still do with some tweaking -but i feel happy with the shape and overall anatomy now. Went a bit overboard with the size of the eyes, but tried smaller eyes and even though it was more accurate, i prefer this version. When its more finished i'll post an either/or image to ask everyones opinion about that one though! In the mean time - any comments on the mesh are welcome!

Old 03 March 2006   #48
Very nice modeling, good luck to you

Master & Servant

my site

Old 03 March 2006   #49
Nice concept.
Very cool mouse head.

Old 03 March 2006   #50
Yay Selina !!

Great to see you starting the modeling !!
And looking awesome already !
Really clean and neat !

Cheers ,

-Zapan

"One today is worth two tomorrows"
-Benjamin Franklin-

Old 03 March 2006   #51
that mousehead is really really good and the concept is good too.. make me wanna cheer on those mice...

Old 03 March 2006   #52
hi! very nice concept and so is the modeling, very clean, good luck!

Old 03 March 2006   #53
Really great modeling on the head!

I'll have to work on my mouse some more

I am going to keep an eye on this, for sure.

Old 03 March 2006   #54
Hi Selina, how you doing? Very nice sketch, specially the color theme, I like the story, I think it can come pretty good..

You are in the modeling milestone already, great, it is looking very well modeled, congratulations,, hope to see more..

have fun and good luck.!

Old 03 March 2006   #55
Very good start with the model! I like this mouse-head!

Old 03 March 2006   #56
The mouse head looks great, am looking forward to seeing how you are going to go about finding a good fur solution for the mice.

Old 03 March 2006   #57
Thanks very much for the coments, Zom -B, Zapan, makaron, sipone, Nakarya and medunecer! Glad you like the model so far - I was worried it might look more like a gerbil or chinchilla! - but everyone ive shown it to seems to assume its a mouse so thats something!

Ar Lutik - thanks - and i hope to see an entry from you soon - i loved your master and servant entry!

lilcara -your mouse looks so innocent! -would like to see your wireframe. I think its really interesting to compare and contrast a similar concept with two very different approaches!

A-Catcher -lol -yeah -i'm interested to see what my fur solution is gonna be too!

Hopefully i'l have more to post tonight -couldnt settle on the correct shape for the body earlier but i think im begining to resolve that now...

Old 03 March 2006   #58
ohhh it's freakin ! she exactly look like the mouse who watch me one week ago near my TV screen ! brrrr

Modeling is clean of clean, and your last concept will be impressive I guess.
See you here later

Old 03 March 2006   #59
good! beautiful mouse.

Old 03 March 2006   #60
Modeling: mouse body test

Just a quick update to show what I'm up to... Mostly happy wih the topology now -going to reshape main body somewhat as ive barely touched it so far. I'm happy with the back legs -thinking of changing front paws as im not so pleased with them yet. Still have to attach arms and legs to body. Oh yeah - and obviously I need to completely rework the wireframe in places! lol...

Thread Closed share thread