The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Andrew Kinabrew

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2006   #46
Really like your concept art, man! Great work!
And the modells are coming around nicely! Like the rats!
The flute player is really cool, can't wait to see him in 3d!

andreas@edithouse.se
twitter.com/AndreasWesa

www.wesa.tv

www.edithouse.se

Old 03 March 2006   #47
I saw your thread earlier and meant to subscribe. It's a bitch getting old ... LOL

Those sketches look killer and the model too.

Subscribed.

Old 03 March 2006   #48
Modeling: pied piper base mesh

This model is the start of the pied piper. I wanted to have a little fun so I put some muscles on him just for kicks. He won't be quite as cut in the final version. Except I think he might have some pretty nice legs since he is wearing stockings after all.

I think it kind of makes him freaky looking. But what are you going to do. I'll be making his garb pretty soon.

Old 03 March 2006   #49
robobot

I'll try, and great site man. I love the design! Nice and simple.

brother_of_veg

I'm sorry that didn't pan out. I never finished my spectacular entry. I think that's why I'm trying so hard with this one. And yes, there will be hundreds. Oh the hundreds.

makaron

Thank you!

Jonason

Your wish is my command (though a different fairy tail). Thank you for taking a peak at my stuff.

3D_Explorer

I know what you mean about getting older. But any time I say that "I'm getting old," There is someone to tell me that I am much younger than them.

Old 03 March 2006   #50
Concept Sketch: piper's hat

Just a quick test in zbrush with the hat. It's not textured, just used the wonderful zdepth tools along with some color and lighting.

Every day I use ZBrush I find something new to love about it.

Old 03 March 2006   #51
Great work so far and a really nice concept - looking forward to follow your journey!

WIP: Anatomy

Demoreel

Old 03 March 2006   #52
Wow nice work, the quality of the sketches and modeling is top notch! I don't have a lot to add right now, it looks like you have things under control. I am looking forward to seeing this one develop. Cheers, good luck.

Old 03 March 2006   #53
Originally Posted by se7enthcin: dobermunk

hobo

I could have swore I got the spelling right I'm glad you are from the area. Could you give me any input on my initial sketches. Possibly a better direction. I want a "timelessness" but somewhat dated piece. Almost like looking at another world with a "I've been there before" feel if at all possible. OR, I might have to just go my own style and take the fairytail liberties.

I think your initial sketches are fine. I can only give you a couple of photos of the old town of Hamelin, spelled Hameln here in Germany. The old town, or what's left of it is really very small, but lovely buildings, a few dating back to the 13th century, (I have no pix of these unfortunately), if you'd like I'll try and dig 'em out and scan them. But really I've nothing better than you can find here:-

http://home.arcor.de/andreas.engel/Bilder/hambild.html

they will give a feel for the place, lot's of narrow streets with small buildings, and the main wider one with larger buildings.

Good luck with this, it's looking nice.

Old 03 March 2006   #54
Hey there Andrew, a lot of cool updates you have here! Looks like you are having a good time in ZBrush, the models have a great shape. I especially like the rat.

Matt

Old 03 March 2006   #55
Gunilla

Thank you very much.

soapy

I know that it is early in the contest but I still feel rushed and feel like nothing is under control. I think this comes from not completing a challenge before (mainly because I was trying to graduate with the last two) but I'm glad I'm giving the appearance of "control." BTW, can't say enough great things about your character. Rad is the word I would use... your character is Rad.

hobo

You have gained a friend for life man. Those are great pictures. At some point I think I would like to visit germany. If you have time to dig up those pics of the old town that would be cool but if not, no big deal. But every little bit helps. The resource pictures you showed me are probably more than efficient. Again, many thanks. YOU RULE!

mmbenya

Thanks for stopping by again. I've modified the rat's hind legs as well but haven't uploaded the pic yet. I think I'll make a couple different versions of the rat first before I show another update on him.

Old 03 March 2006   #56
Wouw, the pied piper is gonna look very nice. I like the style but good luck to you too.

Old 03 March 2006   #57
enjoy the hat...nice coloring looking forward to seeing this progress

Old 03 March 2006   #58
Rats!

I loved the concept art of the rats....you have given them real character.

Thanks for the feedback

Chris

Old 03 March 2006   #59
Now, this is your journey. Very "gothic" idea. Love your piper concept. Keep up good work! Gonna watch this

Old 03 March 2006   #60
nice modelling mate! those rats are awesome! this is a really neat concept-look forward to the rest.

Thread Closed share thread