The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Jack zhang

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2006
Shading (Textured and lit): i like her teddy so much ><

So most of the mesh are textured with a few small parts left. feel like uploading a image before dinner.

i will redo her crown after dinner, found a nice ref, plus add a bit more texturing detail.

p.s I like her teddy so much ><!

05 May 2006
She's really full of life . Great model

05 May 2006
Shading (Textured and lit): LRP texture complete

LRP texturing goes with the plan, it is now completed. i might add a bit this-and-that later if i catch more feeling.

animal modeling tomorrow.

05 May 2006
Wow! Jack you are really coming along with this quite well! Excellent shading. Especially like the wrinkles on her boots. There's so much motion I can't wait to see her in a scene. Wonderful work.

Good luck!

05 May 2006

sorry for not replying ppl's comment. i should do it now。

TO rasamaya: good suggestion on "throwing". i'm remaking the crown with better details. once the animals are done i will find a better position for the crown to create better thrown feeling. Thank you for your suggestion.

TO oceanbluesky: pal, you've been in my post for couple of time. Thank you, always, for supporting me (and not letting my thread sunk to far :P). Thank you man, won't let you down.

TO jedi-juice: hope you like the wire, specially the folds on the skirts and the boots. I didn't bother zbrushing them so i use the old way.

TO orph3on: lol. you really supprised me. never thought you would be here. I will deal with you at work :P

TO 3dRaven: Thank you for coming pal. i'm glad you like the model. and mark my words, you will enjoy more :P

05 May 2006
missed quite a few updates here, sorry, but you've done alot of nice work! love all the little detail you've added like the stuff in the bags- very vibrant character, and her texturing looks great! nice choice of colours.

05 May 2006
Post Effects and Compositing: backgound

nothing much to say, here's a quick update.
working on the background right now.

05 May 2006
Haven't been through for a bit -- character has turned out really well. Good energy, and details in the right spots. Will be exciting to see that integrate with the backdrop, the image sampler makes it look like there will be plenty to see there as well

05 May 2006
Post Effects and Compositing: put her in

posting one with the girl.

05 May 2006
Post Effects and Compositing: color theme

basiclly i want to create visual layers by setting up different color theme. the work is slowly getting to what i imagined in the concept.

i need more right image source.

05 May 2006
Post Effects and Compositing: a different mood

the problem of with the one i did before is that everything is bright, everything is warm. almost too bright to keep my LRP in focus.

so i did another version, kinda foggy and gloomy one. not sure which one is good now. need some advice here.

05 May 2006
here u are!

05 May 2006
Looking very good. The gloomier one is much better.

A suggestion; you need to match the foreground area with warmer colours to match back your 3d girl. Leave the background cold and gloomy; this will lend contrast and emphasis to your theme. Happy colours in the foreground that blend into the cold clammy background, a metaphor for leaving something bad for something better.

My apocalyptical journey:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...726#post3545726

05 May 2006
this last one you posted is really great! best one for sure.

05 May 2006

TO Junerahe: Thanks bro, for your support and that great visual ref. thanks for keeping me on track.

TO vincent1: Good call vincent, good call. i had what you said in mind however by the time you repiled it i haven't got a final picture in my head yet. It's really great what you described, i will try to imagine it and actually put it on paper. Thank you.

TO Shakes: hey shake~, glad you like it. and you better hurry up on your bg now coz we are running out of time! (grin)

Thread Closed share thread