The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Timur Kiryashov

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2006
Arrow

Nice work, keep this way
The sketch with the floating island looks promising.

Good work

04 April 2006
Nomad thanks for replay always glad to hear you

Last edited by Greatto : 04 April 2006 at 12:28 PM.

04 April 2006
First of all - you should think are you really need a perfect body, in a final compose a lot of parts may not be seeng, and there will be armor or something on body, so there is just topologic critic, but i'm not shure that you need it or not. Everything depends on a composition. So..

In the flat stomach is visible with a side, it should be little bit convex to the bottom part and then to leave in bottom area. Breast should not converges to each other they should be symmetric or a little bit in the parties, it depends on a configuration of a breast.

In a good breast of a dummy should be parallel and be hardly below the middle. The deflection in the field of a back up to big trapeze muscles (back) should be more.

A hip must be more, knees it is a little to stick out, palms should be pulled inside, not be a plane.

In a lateral projection elleptic imagined line should converge from the beginning of bottom body part areas to back 'soft part'. A hip from an internal part should converges to lower body part and to be more same the woman.

Environment is strange *-*

04 April 2006
Thanks

Originally Posted by targus: First of all - you should think are you really need a perfect body, in a final compose a lot of parts may not be seeng, and there will be armor or something on body, so there is just topologic critic, but i'm not shure that you need it or not. Everything depends on a composition. So..

In the flat stomach is visible with a side, it should be little bit convex to the bottom part and then to leave in bottom area. Breast should not converges to each other they should be symmetric or a little bit in the parties, it depends on a configuration of a breast.

In a good breast of a dummy should be parallel and be hardly below the middle. The deflection in the field of a back up to big trapeze muscles (back) should be more.

A hip must be more, knees it is a little to stick out, palms should be pulled inside, not be a plane.

In a lateral projection elleptic imagined line should converge from the beginning of bottom body part areas to back 'soft part'. A hip from an internal part should converges to lower body part and to be more same the woman.

Environment is strange *-*

Friend thanks for this honest reply! this is what I need to progress in my work thank you did you have your Journey?
and what about "Environment is strange *-*" what do you mean, can you explain in more details?
waiting for reply!

04 April 2006

Ok, i just can't see clear environment, what it will be. May be later after some more pictures i'll understand but now can't see clear. And where is the final target of the journey ?
We need to understand what a long road is laying for the main character, what he or she is going to do, where travel and what has done.

It should be the story, a real or fantasy, but story. The main idea of art it is not just modelling or VFX, when i see a perfect modelling, i like it, but the real art is when this model is composed, it have a story, so it's no matter how you are modelling or something, but the story, the composition, the feeleng - that is the art. See some Salvador Dali pictures and Van Gog pictures - it's hard yes ???

04 April 2006
yea, that is my journey, just started.

04 April 2006
Those are some really beautifull concept sketches.
I am looking forward to seeing you work more

Oh and it might help if you use your great drawing skills to make image planes for your characters.
I find it hard to see proportions in 3D but really easy to sketch them, so image planes help me when I get stuck

Should be really easy to scale the model to match the drawing now all the hard work is done.

Last edited by Womgoose : 04 April 2006 at 11:16 PM.

04 April 2006
length and breadth

looks good. I like the sketchy look of the island. is that how it's going to be in the final? Or are you going to try and achieve some measure of photorealism?

Your early sketches show the island at an angle that makes it feel shorter than it is in this more recent rendering. I would recommend that the final give a good view of the size of the island.

It would gives a better feeling of the life that lives on the island.

I'm looking foward to the final product

04 April 2006

thanks for all comments. your replies are very helpfull.

Womgoose- thank. planes maybe but final versiion will little diferent from concept sketch, i will try to compose this model in 3d and show toy what I mean

squintz- thanks. As I said before final image will be different, I will add some new things, and the composing will be in another angle as you said about island i'll show the more surface of the island

targus- first I create the story on the "Achitecture history of Azrebayjan" in university. then I draw the skeches on final image I will write the detailed story

04 April 2006
Modeling: posing the girl

:)

04 April 2006
Modeling: posing II Girl

:)

04 April 2006
Hi challengemate, I wrote you a message...Hope you'll read it...good luck...

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=330707

04 April 2006
Modeling: Gardener

Gardener

04 April 2006
Modeling: Girl new pose

Girl

04 April 2006
Although I feel that there are some parts that does not look "real" or anatomically correct, I feel your work has a certain style to it. Very interesting. I'll just wait and see somemore before I crit. Keep it up...

The Journey Begins (3D)

Thread Closed share thread