The Journey Begins Challenge (2D) Entry: Dehong.He

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2006   #16
Coloring WIP: Marvellous Journey

They're the knights troops which composed of clouds. And here is the beginning fo the war.

Old 05 May 2006   #17

The War Chariots

Old 05 May 2006   #18

All these incredible things are met by a sailing ship in a long voyage. We can imagine what will happen next. And the people who witness the misfortune will leave the strongest impression through life. Human beings appear to small and helpless. I divided the whole image into three parts to promote the plots: the sinking ship in the distance, the fleeing ship in the middle and close up two people fleeing and falling into the water,one breathes deeply and another is frightened to death.

Old 05 May 2006   #19

All these incredible things are met by a sailing ship in a long voyage. We can imagine what will happen next. And the people who witness the misfortune will leave the strongest impression through life. Human beings appear to small and helpless. I divided the whole image into three parts to promote the plots: the sinking ship in the distance, the fleeing ship in the middle and close up two people fleeing and falling into the water,one breathes deeply and another is frightened to death.

Old 05 May 2006   #20
this is friggen way cool man..i love this picture, definetly keep this one going, i want to see the end result

Old 05 May 2006   #21
Talking

O.O Wow! really really awsome and vibrate sky man! #drools#

Old 05 May 2006   #22
This is completely OUTSTANDING!

Fantastic image and very well thought through.

As I look at the little guy (The dark set of blobs in the bottom... in the sea.. that s a human right? If not two?) has done serious amount of swimming considering the ships distance and the weather.
But I can understand your reasons of such a placement. It will add so much to the story telling.

My only comment is more like a question actually.
In the areas where the waters darken on the left bottom corner seem to suggest that there is a shore, or that the water is shallow there...
Is it such?

If not... I guess you particularly didn't want to create both a reason for a shade and/or consider a retracting arc-wave on it some where in order for it to be able to be a part of such a wavy night or not... right?
(Because from someone who has such a successful depiction of a monstrous wave, I wouldn't expect a lack of observation)

So that just brings me to ask if you are intending on making the whole sea shake from the battle, Or just that particular mound. (Such as to emphasize the magnificence this supernatural activity? And not to kind of simbolise a storm into a sailors myth)

I am simply enjoying keeping the image open in another window and watching over it.
It's just amazing... and very, very beautiful.

Will definitely want to follow up on this one.

BEST of luck
and PLEASE finish it.

Black

Old 05 May 2006   #23
beautiful texture and motion -- the heaviness of the wave and the tension from your composition is wondeful! can feel the suspense....

Old 05 May 2006   #24
I so love the motion in this painting, This is eye candy, good luck with it!

Old 05 May 2006   #25
stunning!! the sketches, the water, the horses... absolutely amazing.
I really need to follow up this masterpiece.

Old 05 May 2006   #26
Those horse sketches are just amazing! Your drawing is really spectacular. Compositionally, I'm having a bit of trouble knowing where to look. There are so many things going on all over the canvas and all about eh same size, my eye is just bounging around a lot and isn't naturally settling anyhwere. I'm not sure whether it was your intent, to make it so chaotic, maybe it just fits the theme of what you're trying to convey. But anyhow, thought I'd just share that thought. Good luck with the rest of it, there are really some amazing details here.

-mike

Old 05 May 2006   #27
Looking good. I think this is going to be a great piece when it's done. My only comment is I think the focal point of the image is a little ambigous. I'm not sure what the main subject here is. The water has a nice feel to it and the canvas looks deep though. Great job so far.
www.anticz.com
www.nyxies.com
===================

Old 05 May 2006   #28
pure visual eye candy. keep up the great work.

Old 05 May 2006   #29
Beautifully painted. Agree re: multiple focal points, which may be helped with lighting emphesis etc in future colourings.

Feels like we are in the middle of an epic event or adventure, but not sure whether I feel like it is just beginning...?

Good stuff tho,

Q

www.rebcapper.com

Old 05 May 2006   #30
This is a powerful piece ,with strong atomoshpere, great brush works as well
cheers man, wanna see it finish soon

Thread Closed share thread