The Journey Begins Challenge (2D) Entry: Anders Bierberg Hald

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2006
- Hi Anders - sorry I've not read your thread for a long time, but I really love this piece.

really dynamic and great sense of space and perspective.
One of my favourites

keep up the great work

05 May 2006
Hi Bierberg,
You made a good blending on the last one, the only things I could advice you is why keep a part almost black ( or it's my screen ? ) when you could have a good contrast with blue light of the sky coming into your black shadows ?
Anyway, it's not important and I respect the artistic choice. Technique observation can made suffer a illustration feeling.
Good job - David

05 May 2006
i agree the darks are quite dark on both my screens but i really think its ok...it makes a really nice contrast.

ive been following you piece for a while...its has developed nicely...i like the sorta sunny post apoclyiptic feel you have going...right up my tree.

love the olors and the light...

the story is a little unclear fron JUST the picture but its nice to leave the imagination to run free...i like that..

anyway....great work..

CYB

05 May 2006
i agree with most people about the darkness. i love the blue shadows under the bridge and wish the foreground would also be like this. anyway, its really getting there. good luck.

05 May 2006
Wow! i didnt expect such good artist as you guys to give me so much praise!! thank you!

to tell the gods honest truth:
i began this challenge in the hopes of winning flashy stuff.. it quickly dawned on me tho, that i was up agains much greater artists than myself. and from that early point i just did this for the picture.. to really invest time in one. it might not look like it.. but i really have spent alot of hours working on it and thinking about it. it has been a great experience! and i thank all of you who have contributed.

on the last notes on how the dark areas arent doing anything for the picture.. it was not my intent or artistic views.. thats just what happens when your not good enough to controll everything in your picture

And about the story not being told clearly.. i have one final swing in my sword.. and i will swing it proud but futile

***Bierberg .. ALMOST out... :P

05 May 2006
Final Image: Somewhere not here

The girl and her family is moving. there is nothing she could say to change her parents minds but thats not even an issue for her. They are moving, thats the way it just is.

she wont miss many things from this place, under the bridge. there are better places, there has to be. whats the point of moving if not this?

but now this little boy suddently stands there. She knows him well. She has known him ever since he was born. He does not say anything even tho he's capable of it.

The boy starts waving silently.

The girl waves back at him.

now she is sure there are
some things she will miss.
--------------------------------------
yeah im not much of a writer i know :D
but it pretty much captures what i intended for the picture.

Its been great fun guys! ill definately join up for the next challenge :)

***Bierberg

05 May 2006
I like so much! and the lil plane in the children'shand it's really a nice touch.
Simple but meaningful.

good luck

05 May 2006
not many topics like this are in this challenge! great work!

my Journey Begins 2D

05 May 2006
got a larger res version? i want to check out the detailsage.

05 May 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread