The Journey Begins Challenge (2D) Entry: Steven Stahlberg

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2006
Completely beautiful. Having a city in the middle though looks more like the destination. Great to have you here as an inspiration.

03 March 2006
Hi Stahlberg,

the background has photo quality and looks ingenious! But it harms that we can't see characters face. The atmosphere of the picture is so far great.

Ciao,
Ravena

03 March 2006
It´s coming a fabulous and great art work

Hi, I´m pretty sure that it comes a wonderful work, I will be looking for the updates, in order to see the magic takes form.

cheers and happy challenge

03 March 2006
such rich texture, and brilliant color! your technique and perspective are top-notch. very nice work....

03 March 2006
I don't think its a face missing. But its some more information about the character or whats going on in this landscape.

Well, now its nothing but a landscape (with a road and a hiker _standing_ there). Not that interesting. I mean, hey, landscapes are always nice to see and this is a beautiful one(its excellent done), but they never, never do it by itself. You need some motion in there.
So you might throw this attempt away, but you can also paint it over with a lot of different stuff ... and don't care for the details you painted in. Well, this landscape is a good Background for alot of ideas, but as it is ist still missing a special moment, you're not on the climax of any story. Its only somewhere.

But, well, it sounds you're knowing all this, so i have nothing but to agree, i won't go with this as it is either.

03 March 2006
hejsan Stahlberg

my first thought was... he is up north in sweden, "fjällen" late summer/begining fall... really nice landscape. but as you say, he don´t really show why he is walking that road... but the colors are just

03 March 2006
colours...

wow...when I first saw your wip I was amazed, the colours are just fantastic, composition so simple and perfect, the mood is great...I can`t wait to see your final renderings...good luck

03 March 2006
Hi Stahlberg. I just wanted to say something you already heard. It´s beautifull!

Of course i understand your toughs about changing it, and all i can say is... May the force be with you!

03 March 2006
Everyone's in trouble now...

03 March 2006
Wonderful dreamlike quality to this. I don't see the problem with it being simple; simple images done well are, to me, usually the most impressive. A couple of things with this, though - 1) I think there are too many "layers" of mountains, making the backdrop look stagey (if that's a word, "like a stage" if it isn't) and 2) not sure about the central wall - what's it for?

03 March 2006
That looks absolutely good - and it fits exactly with the recommendations as far as I understood them ! You won't need any good luck from me !

03 March 2006
Beautiful

Your painting is beautifull, but I wish the road wasn't so straight. I also wish I knew more about the character.

03 March 2006
Talking

Hey, very cool to see you entering Steven!

Well, I'll be seeing you! *packs bags*

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

03 March 2006
Thumbs up

super great one.
great light and perspective.
i like the mood too

congratulation

03 March 2006
i just had to check again that it's indeed stahlberg....

Thread Closed share thread