The Journey Begins Challenge (2D) Entry: Torsten Wolber

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2006   #31
I truly adore your colour palette! And the lighting too is wonderful Great work!

Old 03 March 2006   #32
been really enjoying your color sketches... cant wait to see a more refined image.

Old 03 March 2006   #33
Stunning light and colors. I liked the previous wide version more concerning the composition, but on the other side now You can focus on some main charakters much better. I hope to see many ,many more steps.

Old 03 March 2006   #34
It´s incredible the way you design painting, without drawing. I like your colour sketches very much. I can´t wait to see you detailing an finishing them. Good work.

Old 03 March 2006   #35
Hi, Torsten, looking good! I think I prefer the horizontal composition slightly more because the width helped the left->right motion of the piece... plus (especially) I was impressed by the sheer spectacle of so many people making a mass exodus. Of course it's a ton more work to paint all those people, especially if you're working on weekends too. (I can empathize: I am too!) Of course, the portrait composition does really emphasize the more personal journey of the main character. Though his staff, placement, size, and colors already set him apart? Wonder how it would look if her were in the head of the horizontal procession, on the right side? Anyhow, just thoughts that don't really affect anything one way or another, it's still coming out really well whichever you choose, and I'm looking forward to seeing your progress. (And thanks for the very kind words in my thread! )

-mike

Old 03 March 2006   #36
I'll second all the other comments on your colour palette - it's just awesome the way you make the whole painting glow.

Old 03 March 2006   #37
Concept Sketch: Exodus4

Still playing around and trying to combine the two last images to get the´best of both worlds´.

Old 03 March 2006   #38
You know, you guys shouldn´t believe me when i say something about larger images i´m going to upload.
I couldn´t sleep and tried to depict what walrus suggested.(Thx buddy) I don´t know if it works though. Hm, at least i know i´m sleepy..soo... anyway, wonder what this will look like in the morning

Gmax, thank you very much.
Avatarist, whatever "buttery" means, i guess that´s supposed to be st good. Thank you.
China,hopefully not as many as you would like to see *gulp*
slav, enialadam, thanks for dropping by.

Old 03 March 2006   #39
I can already feel the atmosphere. Very nice use of color and composition so far. Don't have any comments/critics actually, just compliments. Looking forward to see it develop!

Portfolio

Old 03 March 2006   #40
well, i like this latest sketch a lot.
if you're aiming on a jungle-ish scene, you should stik with those colors and buildup, don't lose the free space at the right.

well, however... if you're more thinking of a light wooden sorrounding, you might want to change something.

Old 03 March 2006   #41
beautiful style man! is this Painter?? Good luck yo, this is gonna be great

Old 03 March 2006   #42
I like where this image is going also. Good atmosphere> I also like the warms that you have used to draw us into the focal point. Looking forward to more. I also would like to this larger. Great work so far.

Facebook

Old 03 March 2006   #43
Thumbs up

wow ur good man like ur style good job GUDLUCK!

portfolio : www.geocities.com/nardsdesign
favourite links : www.actionscript.org, www.ultrashock.com, www.javascript.com

Old 03 March 2006   #44
Cool wow...

that scene has a large viewpoint, so we can see what kind of an enviroment there is and this is really so successful bro.
and the other subject is the colors.that seems so hot and impressive.using light is very good.
go on bro...

Old 03 March 2006   #45
Wow, I think this point of view and horizontal comp you have chosen are simply amazing. Love your colour palette. I only need larger images to satisfy myself. This image is going to be one of the big ones. Keep it up.

Thread Closed share thread