The Journey Begins Challenge (2D) Entry: Torsten Wolber

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2006
Looking good so far What will the shredding machines look like? the Goblin Shredders from Warcraft spring to my mind, would like to see what you will come up with.

This being a sketch, I still have question: if this is a rainforest, where are the trees? I can only see one yet, and that one counts half because its being pulled down

This side up

03 March 2006
hey that looks pretty cool

03 March 2006
Definately prefer the latter composition. Its a great concept, and i love your colour palette. I'll enjoy following this!

03 March 2006
I wasnīt able to understand thumb01, but thumb02 is pretty clear. The composition is well constructed and the colors are good. Keep it up!

03 March 2006
wow. awesome colors man. i personally think composition wise, this second sketch has more depth and looks more dynamic than your first one. very interesting development, i'll watch this one all the way i guess.
good luck to you

Last edited by jpedro : 03 March 2006 at 07:01 PM.

03 March 2006
Cool sketch. What's up with the dude or lady with a coat on the right side? Kinda pulls the focus away from the rest of the picture.

03 March 2006
Hey , thanks for the kind response. I must admit that iīm quite surprised to have any attention to this sketch which is still not much to look at.
Very much appreciated.

slickgreekgeo,jpedro,Selina42,Ranath: thanks

paperclip, youīre right about that lightsource. Plus it would give me a strong diagonal.

DoInferno, there wasnīt much to understand in Version 1. Except that apparently i hadnīt the faintest idea how to put all that into a picture.

ahbeejieh, right, bothered me as well.
Along with only 100 spots in there iīll have to look after. Unfortunately i have some very tough deadlines until next monday, so i will not be able to upload any new images until then, sorry.
After this i will be back on track. Hopefully

03 March 2006
Hey Torsten, I really like the palette you're going with. The composition also looks great, I just don't envy you having to paint the whole village.

Matt

03 March 2006
last one really rocks hard. keep up the wicked work.

03 March 2006
damn...nice brush strokes, good luck

03 March 2006
mmm good focus point in the character with the light i like it

03 March 2006
your the man !
hope to see a masterpiece at the end

03 March 2006
Concept Sketch: Exodus3

Changed my mind and tried to upend the composition.

03 March 2006
Since i still have to work (on the weekend..sucks) i wanted at least upload a little proposal for another attempt. As you all can see i specifically wasnīt satisfied about the size of the characters in the picture which wouldīve make it even harder to show their expressions , and there was definitely too much unimportant an unused space in it.
I changed the palette a little bit adding som red and other spots.
And i decided to introduce some kind of leader to the group giving the picture both more focus and much more of a journey. I mean, hey, heīs got a walking-staff, hasnīt he?

So this isnīt this lame furngully anymore itīs...o.k.... itīs Battlestar Galactica.
Oh great. Even worse.
Seriously, maybe Moses might come into your mind. If so...itīs fine with me

If you guys think it would be worth a try going for this change, the next step would be to check the composition in lineart, and then go for the characters.

Yeshil, hi ,quite a surprise, thanks
Bandro,kevinhyshen, slav, you guys helped me a lot.Appreciate it
mmbenya, youīre right, one of the reasons i wanted something different. Cheap trick *phew*

Oh, sorry for still working with little thumbnails. Next pics will be bigger.....

03 March 2006
Beautiful painting.... buttery.

Thread Closed share thread