The Journey Begins Challenge (2D) Entry: Carlos Ranna

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2006
o.O (...) melhoras pra sua mãe, amigo.

03 March 2006
Concept Sketch: My new idea

Ok. This is the new idea. I believe this is the one i´ll take to the end. I´ll enjoy better painting this, and having it in my portfolio...

The airport idea i´m making an analogic version of it just for the fun. The sperm will be as it is for now...

Thanks for the good wishes Diogo and Ziriga. Valeu a força.

03 March 2006
Concept Sketch: Sketching

A litle traditional watercolor study to warm up a litle more!

03 March 2006
Line Art: Back in black!

Ok, i´m back in black!

Finally i have a lineart. After a bunch of concept sketches that were not posted because of a lack of a scanner.

Please, crits and comments. I like to change the composition at this stage. Even tough i happen to change it after a painting stage i prefer to do it now...

Well... That´s it!

03 March 2006
Line Art: Values

A litle values study.

03 March 2006
Coloring WIP: Color study

Just a rough color study to find the feeling of the image.

03 March 2006
Line Art: Strange lines

Yes... This is strange, i know... Those colored lines are something i want to test... Will it work? I don´t know...

Well... who i´m i talking to? No one is answering...

Maybe i drank to much beer, but then again... Maybe not! More beer!

03 March 2006
.... !

I think that coloured lines may work or not when you color the rest of the image, it's difficult to judge it without the rest of colors...

nice new concept... it's good that you finally settled down with one, hehehe... go go Carlos!

maybe the line where the wall meets the floor would look better less tilted? there's something with the perspective that looks a bit odd....

04 April 2006
Coloring WIP: Testing colors and lines

Started the coloring. Base colors and line colors test. Let´s see what will happen from now on....

04 April 2006
Hey Fernando! Thanks for the comments!

I´ll leave the ground line this way for now, cause i think the ground and the wall will be a little irregular, texturized and scattered, if you know what i mean...

About the perspective... I don´t think it´s wrong... I believe you are having this feeling because the table and wall lines do not converge. It´s because they are not parallel to each other... Well.. I don´t know... Does anyone else have a oppinion about this issue?

04 April 2006
Coloring WIP: Painting at last!

Finally, the painting and rendering process begins! This is the best part of all!!

04 April 2006
Coloring WIP: Working around...

Just the beginning of the process... Any comments or crits?

04 April 2006
ae...mto triste este teu último concept! hehehehehe.. v c toma por definitivo ..

flw.. um abraço.

04 April 2006
Originally Posted by DoInferno:

This is my new idea. I´m still brainstorming. Trying to heat the body...

this is one that my mom suggested to me when i was told her about the thread. she's an 6th grade art teacher. ... i should probbly shut up now.

i need sleep. love your thread dude!
couple crits...

1 that's either a very small math quiz or a very large candle.
2 the perspective of the table is off. the we're looking down on the table more than the rest of the room. but the candle persp is right. take the outside edges of the table and make them higher to correct this. hope that makes sense.
3 the room has a lot of flavor (although is needs some stuff), but the kid is pretty generic. what's his story? is this a wizard school or just pre-electric?
4 if he's a kid and the teacher isn't, he's gunna get a sore back climbing through that door.

good luck, dude!
have fun,
~B

04 April 2006
E aí Ziriga, este é definitivo. Não vou ter tempo pra ficar brincando com concepts.... A história é meio triste mesmo... Valeu os comentários!

Anzibon, you gave some stuffs to think about...

1 - I´ll check the papper/candle proportions. At least i tought you were talking about that... You see, it´s not a quiz. It´s that paper containing your grade in all courses you have at school (i´m not able to say the right name in english... Here we call it boletim.), so i guess it can have several sides depending on the school he goes... Anyway, i´ll check it out...

2 - Elmasfeo also commented about the table perspective... I´m totally unsure about what´s wrong... I need more comments, as i don´t seen to be able to understand where is the problem... I can see something is not quite right... But i don´t get what it is! Help me, please! I´ll read yours and Elmasfeo´s post a thousend times to see if i can find out what´s the problem here...

3 - I´m having communications problems here... Sorry!

If you´re talking about the rendering i´ll still work on the boy and the background a lot! If not, this is his story:

Little Paul is a great kid! He loves to drawn, play soccer, fishing, reading and playing with his friends. But he sucks at school... He has bad grades on math, history, geography, english, chemestry, everything! When he gets another failure at the end of this year, he knows he is going to make his parents sad... He also knows that they are going to be mad at him, and he´ll be punished for that... So, he decides to leave his home, taking his great buddy Raga (the dog) with him. He is sad for leaving home, but he believes this way he will stop being such a problem to his parents. He is also scared, and don´t wan´t the punishment that await´s him. What he doesn´t know (yet) is that his parents are going to miss him so much! Hope he gets back soon!

4 - Are you saying the door is too small for an adult? I´ll have to check that too...

Gee you made my life harder, but i guess those things can make my picture better... Thanks man!

Last edited by DoInferno : 04 April 2006 at 06:40 AM.

Thread Closed share thread