The Journey Begins Challenge (2D) Entry: Carlos Ranna

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2006
Good Dave! I´m happy you liked. I´ll keep an eye at your thread. Hope you check back mine as well! See ya around!

03 March 2006
I hope ofcourse I didn't cause any trouble about that sperm topic!
Thought I'd seen something like it, so thought you should know, that's all!
You say it's in 3D challenge's.. well then... go for it!

CHARACTER DESIGN

03 March 2006
No problems at all Michael! Take a look:

Originally Posted by Dave_Wortley: great minds think alike.

i like your approach, lot of comical possibilities with it

I've gonna start modelling mine this week and experimenting.
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...395#post3315395

hehe good luck mate

I posted on Dave´s topic, he checked mine, and we are all fine with it! You can follow this link on the quote and check out his topic if you want to.

Thanks for the concern man, i wanted to be original since the begining, thats why i choose not to do an insect traveling to a far away place. It seens that a lot of people are following close the guidelines and i wanted to go on another direction.

03 March 2006
Hi man, this last concept is very nice! Maybe would be still better if you put some sponsors, like it was a F1 race.

Just my thoughts...and congratulations!

03 March 2006
Hello!
your concept f the sperma race is very cool,go for it!
Maybe you should show the target of the race (óvulo), dont know just a sugestion.

03 March 2006
Concept Sketch: Another concept

Hehe... I´m so full of stuff to do, that i´m not doing any...

Here is the other Concept to decide wich of them to work on.

I must say i like both, and the sperm is a very funny idea, but this one will be more fun to paint, and that´s what this contest is all about!

So... I´d love to hear your opinions on the choice i should make. It´s some kind of a pool... Thanks guys!

03 March 2006
Thanks Diogo and JoaoCaetano. As you can see, i haven´t decided yet. I like the sponsor idea, but the target (óvulo, hehe...) won´t show. They still have a long long journey to go, so it won´t appear on the pic. Well, thanks anyway!

03 March 2006
The latest update is absolutely super ! I would get the characters a bit bigger all over the place, but this is nice - perhaps some suitcases, bags (that has become my obsession ....)

But the idea of ordinary tourists with ordinary things surrounding them appeals to me !

Now some nice colors - a bit saturated, but not overdone and I'll be happy !

03 March 2006
Smile

thanks for comments, about your work i like the last concept, original and funny

03 March 2006
The Photographer - Thanks. I also have i feeling that there is too much empty space there... Maybe a litle more luggage would do...

Grobouk - Thanks man.

Now i gotta decide wich one to go; "Strande tourists in the airport" or "Sperm race".

Tough decision...

03 March 2006
e aÍ! tá indeciso, hein meo? hehehehe.. vamos lá.. o tempo tá passando... ficou engraçado este último aí hehehe flw

03 March 2006
Ziriga Man - Tô mesmo cara... Minhas aulas recomeçaram, tô com algumas coisas que precisam ser tratadas prioritariamente, e acho que não me dei muito bem com o tema... Sinceramente não tô satisfeito com os concepts... Daí fica difícil finalizar uma idéia que vc não tem certeza se gosta...

03 March 2006
Thanks mybutterflyiris!

Well.. With my mom still in hospital and the end of the vacations at school it´s really hard to post something here...

But don´t you think i´m not working! I have a new concept i´m setchin around when i have some time. Hope i can post it soon!

03 March 2006
Hey Carlos! There's a lot of time I don't post here...but I suggest spermas idea. I thought it more funny and different. Really liked it.
Another thing is that I still didn't see the last concept's message...so, it's another reason to I prefer the first concept.
But it's up to you! This are just my thoughts. Good luck on your decision, and good luck to your mom! All the best!

Thread Closed share thread