The Journey Begins Challenge (2D) Entry: Andrew Shcherbak

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2006   #31
damn i thought made a post here... oh well

very cool work. i love the angle environment and mood.

Old 03 March 2006   #32
Oz, ok, your explanations makes way more sense.
For this little dog it really might be his first journey, but for the girl ... well, not if this is an every years journey.
In my eyes its still critical but i have no idea how you could fix it in here.

Anyway, i like your idea and this picture so far and the judges might be not as critical as i am.

Old 04 April 2006   #33
Coloring WIP: wolf cub

hello everyone! I've returned to my Wolf Cub. Your comments are wellcome!

my Journey Begins 2D

Old 04 April 2006   #34
Close up looking good

This is my first contest here too. You have captured the journey part well with the POV....I haven't picked up the idea of losing a home from the picture yet...maybe the ruins of one somewhere would help. All the best with it.

Old 04 April 2006   #35
I love the mood and expression. Even as a WIP the story's there. Great job! I'm looking forward to the finish.

Old 04 April 2006   #36
Actually for me, I immediately feel the idea of abandoning their home from the facial expression, and also the last remaining embers and a little bit of smoke from the fire. I think this is turning out great, emotionally compelling for me.

Old 04 April 2006   #37
Omg, how could I have skiped over this one. The emotion in this piece is incredible, and that face is amazing so far. Keep painting please, you just got a new fan.

Old 05 May 2006   #38
I really like your concept idea...

...of doing a little ice child starting a rude jouney and the colours of your painting are displayed in a very harmonic way. Good luck in the challenge^^

Originally Posted by OZOZOZ: Andrew Shcherbak is entered in the "The Journey Begins Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Coloring WIP: wolf cub
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/10079/10079_1143929032_medium.jpg

Old 05 May 2006   #39
Story wise I think this is a very stong piece. Your composition is clear and gets your point across very well. Draftsman ship wise I think it's a bit rough around the edges. I think you're going to have a great piece if you can tighten it up and bring everything together. Nice job!
www.anticz.com
www.nyxies.com
===================

Old 05 May 2006   #40
Like the girl looking off behind you - at whatever it she is leaving behind or whatever she is afraid is coming and that she is running from.

Perhaps to add to the 'story' there could be more clues in the landscape, which could also become more epic with further faded mountain ranges beyond those you have already (I'm sure you've planned this anyway!)

Love the fluid paintily treatment of fire as WIP,

Q

Old 05 May 2006   #41
Final Coloring: Wolf cub

hello everyone! thank you all for your comments, I hope you'll write some more your impressions on the next fragment of my work.

my Journey Begins 2D

Old 05 May 2006   #42
It's looking very good and I like this painterly style but i hink the objects in her backpack are a bit too detailed compared to her face. They just draw too much attention and unless you are going to detail the face and hair further you should bring less sharpness and contrast there...
Nice work, keep going

Old 05 May 2006   #43
Thumbs up yeah

I prefer this scene, good work!

Old 05 May 2006   #44
Smile

thanks! i was wandering about the detail you have noticed too, maybe i was a bit too excited with the process of drawing those details. i'm still working!

Old 05 May 2006   #45
One of my favorites!!! Very good work, man!
I find the colour very successful.
The red on their cheeks….very well.

Thread Closed share thread