The Journey Begins Challenge (2D) Entry: Sacha Angel Diener

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

03 March 2006
Good luck, Sacha.
Best wishes from Züri Oberland ;-)

Great challenge start !

"When there's no more room in HELL the dead will walk the EARTH" [Dawn of the Dead]
  03 March 2006
Look at you, already starting out strong. I like the mood already and i'm definately waiting for your sexy kitties to come out
Great start bro, and good size relationship between the characters.

waiting for you next move crazy bro
  03 March 2006

Hey there, just want to add to the fan base and to say good luck!!

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
Facebook Page | Blog
Downtown Los Angeles

03 March 2006
sweet sketch sacha~i like the way u design ur girl~she has this patented face u did for all the girls characterswhich i like it alot.fantasy theme always appeal to me.keep rocking mate
  03 March 2006
come to pay my respects Sacha Have a fun journey.

::Flemish Classical Atelier::
Art residencies:: Intensive Drawing and Painting workshops
in Brugge, Belgium

03 March 2006
Just beautiful light and layout and metallics in that picture, Sacha! ('though it looks more like the middle of a Journey and not the start.) But hey, keep the concepts coming!

Michael Dashow
My web site / My art on Facebook
  03 March 2006
I think I would zoom out a bit. Seems a bit crowded visually and compositionally.
Like to see more atmosphere and environment.
  03 March 2006
great start, like always , dude

03 March 2006
Wow, excellent sketch/concept..
Some lovely ladies in there I hope.. (I know)
I know it's very earlie in this challenge but can't to see some more

03 March 2006
I really like the thing on the ground...I'm not sure what it is but it looks cool, keep it!
Tell us more about the background,, possibly show us what's going on with the journey and where they're going and suchlike.

Great anatomy on your woman, as always.

More sketches...please...
  03 March 2006
Ah there you go, great start dude! keep em coming bro!!!
  03 March 2006
hey, cool sketch
nice to see you again ,
hope this time u can complete the challenge
best luck to u dude

03 March 2006
Concept Sketch: the Journey continues, loose compositiontest.

Played around with the composition, since the scene didnt have enough things in it to be descibing the scenary, i went for what i love most, a coverart/cinema poster-type of composition to show a bit of the whole story, as well as having the possebilety to play my strenght, painting faces. so here's the sketch, still very rough, i'll keep working on it for a while still, but it shows well the direction i am heading into now.
Hope you like the sketch so far, let me know what u think :)
  03 March 2006

thanks all for the great attention to my first approach. Yeah, i hope too i can finnish this time, but i feel way more comfortable with the topic since i can twist it into what i love most, doin classic fantasy stuff.
I wanted to take care it doesnt end up being a "you must rally the horde and..." "aw snap why they always pick the fat green ones to send em on a shitty journey...." type a piece too much so the crystal mainly builds the center.
The 4 heros are the fun part, the paladin, the sorceress, the dwarf and elvish archer ar all characters i love to paint, so this will be lots of fun.

someone earlier mentioned Adriana Lima... well all i can say, of course i like her look, most men do but i wouldnt say i have a specific woman i paint, i just paint straight ahead and the type of girl comes out with the feelings i get while painting.

now i wish everyone an inspired and great evening, I'll be back here later but now back off to squeeze my wacom keep on rockin' mates and rock it ruff
  03 March 2006
yes.. since it is a compotition i would say stick with what you are comfortable off... but isnt that the smae girl from your master and servant thread son?

i am not too keen on teh composition at the moment.... i actuall love the very bottom of the image with the whole group walking out... it is excellent... but rest seems to pile in on it.. mayeb make that the focal point and the heads a bit smaller.. anyways exceited about seeing you progress. really love your work
Thread Closed share thread