The Journey Begins Challenge (2D) Entry: Daniel Lieske

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2006   #31
Everything looks great to me. Reading your explaination of the image, and watching your development process is extremely interesting. Look forward to following it, good luck

Old 03 March 2006   #32
Excellent, in my top 3 so far. The only other problem I can see is that there is a lot of space that isn't really doing anything, especially in the bottom 1/3. I would suggest making the picture bigger (the framed picture, I mean, not the actual image!) and bringing the child closer to the viewer, perhaps moving towards the left corner also.

Old 03 March 2006   #33
wow.. ure so fast man.. take it izi uehueheuhe congrats.. best luck.. cya !

Old 03 March 2006   #34
I really love the idea, and you rendered it quite nice, even in this unfinished state.

The only thing that bothers me a bit here is the little window in the roof. the light from it falls behind the painting and the painting itself is glowing. I think it would be stronger if you leave the window out, or at least its light (or direct it to another place), so there is a stronger contrast between the thing behind the painting and the painting itself. Right now it looks to me as if all the light could come from the window instead of the painting (like the light spot on the globe).
Anyway, it looks better than most things I come up with

This side up

Last edited by yoitisi : 03 March 2006 at 07:42 AM.

Old 03 March 2006   #35
that painting does look inviting!! I really like how you played with color, making everything less colorful and the painting with vivid colors!

good luck!

Old 03 March 2006   #36
Thumbs up

Great concept. I definately can't wait to see this one completed.

I totally agree with Yoitisi on how the painting looks like it is glowing. The glowing makes it look like a really bright lightsource but the outside window is darkness from the window outside makes it look strange.

Good luck on completing it.

Old 03 March 2006   #37
Damn, this is flat out beautiful!!

The boy himself is the weakest point so far (apart from the mentioned window), but i´m glad to hear you going to fix that anyway.

Boy, I knew you would kick some a**- but i didn´t know it was mine ..
*tries to sneak out of this challenge somehow*

Old 03 March 2006   #38
Talk about progress, this is coming out extremely well, looking forward to more. Keep it up!

Old 03 March 2006   #39
Wow, this is really beautiful already!! Great job! I'm still not sure what the journey is about though... Is he going through the painting?

Really nice work!

Old 03 March 2006   #40
This last sketch is fantastic!
great how the painting is standing out, with the greyish tones of a dusty addick

CHARACTER DESIGN

Old 03 March 2006   #41
great !seems like a winner to me.great used of 3d angle to enhance ur paintinggoodluck mate

Old 03 March 2006   #42
Talking

congratulations, i'm fan of your work

Old 03 March 2006   #43
excellent. Love the composition and idea. Nothing to crit for now.

Vincent

monstrorama
website
blog

Old 03 March 2006   #44
i love the idea of the searching/playing boy on the attic, a cold, dirty place full of different stuff and than finding this key to a new world....

only thing that comes a bit too short for me is the epic aspect. you have built up a whole scene around the core of the idea (ok, the emotion of the boy is important too) and just touched the idea with your small picture.
it would be great to see the whole dimension of the journey that lies before the kid. maybe something like the magic happens (the picture was activated) and the world comes out of the picture and shows all the aspects of a new world with dragons, knights, castles, battles.....it would be a bit more than just a landscape with a castle on its top, that you could show on this little area.
hope, you know what im trying to say...

but overall your idea is something that most of us dreamed as a child.

P.S. ach - ich könnt mir so ein tolles 3d bild vorstellen, wo die vorteile aus beiden welten (2d und 3d) so richtig zur geltung kämen

Old 03 March 2006   #45
very cute and great painting...

i really like this idea!

you could also have something comming out of the picture more than the little plants...like a butterfly or insect...dragonfly??
anyway its just an idea!!

Thread Closed share thread