The Journey Begins Challenge (2D) Entry: Theresa Ryan

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2006
Originally Posted by paperclip: Your punishment is to lie down and let your guinea pigs nibble on you for a few 'wheeks'...

could be a nice concept to draw and you have a good start on your Idea... really like the thought of flying carpets

02 February 2006
I wish a good luck and lots of creative energy to all of my buddies from previous challenges Dont be mad coz I'll post the same first reply to all of u, but wishes r sincere.. I just wanna to sign up to ur thread. Once again best of luck!

DW V 2d

02 February 2006
super composition in that sketch, now just finish it !

02 February 2006
Raven: Hey! I think you're jumping ahead, you're talking like this is my final concept. It may end up being so, but we'll see first! Thanks for your suggestions though, I really, really appreciate them.

JDT: My master & servant was dark and foreboding, lol. I wanted something brighter and happier for this time, makes it more fun to work on in the long run. It made me depressed working on such a depressing piece, can you believe that?

Mr. Mu: Thanks for that article- I've read it before, but I'll reread it to get a better grounding with the composition, never hurts to remind yourself of these things...

Makaron: Genies also and little ghosties will be in there in the final piece if I choose this concept....also sparkling gems and rich, flowy fabrics!

Ninja: hey! I'm so glad to see you here, I love your stuff! I'll be looking at your thread for sure and can't wait to see how you do.

Squib: nice try! I'm gonna really try and get this as near as damn perfect as I can for my level of talent (which ain't much)

Another concept will be going up tonight. Keep an eye out!

02 February 2006
Originally Posted by paperclip: Squib: nice try! I'm gonna really try and get this as near as damn perfect as I can for my level of talent (which ain't much)

was no try u .. u can try to fek it up all u like but it looks great already , tellin u

02 February 2006
Yay Paperclip! Good luck! How do you guys find so much time to post in everyones thread, and get any work done!?

02 February 2006
Great start theresa, you capture the theme of people about to set off on a big journey really well. I really like those two in the foreground hugging eachother, IMO it's a well chosen detail and it lets the viewer know what's about to happen.
I too like the second wider sketch best, it kinda shows the long road in front of them.

02 February 2006
Talking

Looking good, 'Clippy! Keep hammering away at them values, and work them out completely before going for color ~ try to get a specific area of interest and lead the eye thru the comp with patches of light and areas of high contrast. Nice work so far!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

02 February 2006
great composition theresa . i like the concept very much

Rendering the universe...plz wait
with regards your neigborhood martian

02 February 2006
You got me on board Theresa! I love Arabian stuff!

02 February 2006
Hey Theresa!
Looks like a promissing concept! Yeah, yeah, I know, you're in your "think"-week.
Maybe show a bit more sky.. this could make a bigger view, so it will look like the journey's bigger..(MO) Be lurking here, to see what more comes up..

CHARACTER DESIGN

02 February 2006
Concept Sketch: concept sketch #2

Off to America: This one isn't as good as the first- I think it needs more mice or maybe a different type of creature and give them more bags and stuff...I like the ship though..and the perspective. Maybe just changing the mice would be enough? It's another concept anyway. We'll see how it goes!

02 February 2006
Concept Sketch: concept sketch #2

Off to America: This one isn't as good as the first- I think it needs more mice or maybe a different type of creature and give them more bags and stuff...I like the ship though..and the perspective. Maybe just changing the mice would be enough? It's another concept anyway. We'll see how it goes!

02 February 2006
A great start! Looking forward to watching your progress

02 February 2006
Yeah, a great start Theresa. (Subsc..)

Thread Closed share thread