FAQ - The Journey Begins

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 03 March 2006   #61
So...should I just move over to my other thread? The one I have going now is fun and has all my stories and stuff written down, I don't really want to write it out all over again in the 'new' one!

This is the one with all the stories and stuff in it: http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=322552 but with no thumbnail or direct upload to the challenge page.

This is the one I'd like to remove:

:http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=322551

Is this possible or will I just move to no. 2?

Last edited by paperclip : 03 March 2006 at 08:41 AM.

Old 03 March 2006   #62
Originally Posted by vrf: Actually, this is the kind of requirement that would have made more sense for the character-centered challenges. I don't think a 320x240 turntable of a vast landscape is going to show much. But whatever.

Actually, it is for your character. Turntable of your main model. Not of the scene.

Old 03 March 2006   #63
Just for your information the "View all entries" text at the top right of the header image doesn't work on this page http://features.cgsociety.org/chall...challenger=9743

The Journey Begins

My CG Society Portfolio

Old 03 March 2006   #64
maybe I'm beating a dead horse but. . .

Originally Posted by Mibus: I'll write up some more detailed text for the turntable and put it on the deliverables page soon.

Basically:
  • 120 frames in an image sequence
  • As 320x240 JPEGs, ~85% quality
  • Features a turntable of your main model (180 degrees or 360 degrees, up to you)
  • GI-lit (or similar)
  • Untextured
  • ZIP them up, post them via the Submit Turntable page.
j: No. Everything for this challenge has to be made inside this challenge.

Hi Mibus,

Are these separate images to be named in a particular way (like: picture-001.jpg, picture-002.jpg, etc.)? Do you recommend using After Effects or a particular program to make this?

Thanks!

Old 03 March 2006   #65
Is it allowed to post my progress on other sites and forums?

Old 03 March 2006   #66
This might be a stupid question, but if I don't post the lineart milestone(because I mostly jump in and paint without it) I can't complete the challenge?

Old 03 March 2006   #67
Originally Posted by paperclip: So...should I just move over to my other thread? The one I have going now is fun and has all my stories and stuff written down, I don't really want to write it out all over again in the 'new' one!

This is the one with all the stories and stuff in it: http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=322552 but with no thumbnail or direct upload to the challenge page.

This is the one I'd like to remove:

:http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=322551

Is this possible or will I just move to no. 2?

I moved one of your threads earlier per your request, but it looks like it was moved back by one of the other Forum Leaders. I'm not sure why.

Copy and post your relevant text to the thread you want to keep and re-submit any images that are missing from the thread you want to keep. Then just ignore the other one. Mibus or someone else will eventually remove the thread if needed. Otherwise it'll just drop to the bottom of the forum without any adverse affect on your entry thread.

Originally Posted by Demolus: Is it allowed to post my progress on other sites and forums?

Yes.

Originally Posted by Crimsonstring: This might be a stupid question, but if I don't post the lineart milestone(because I mostly jump in and paint without it) I can't complete the challenge?

Yes, just select an early phase of your painting process that you feel would fit as a suitable line art milestone. Many artists work this way and it's perfectly acceptable to submit an early blocked in painting as a lineart milestone.

Last edited by Kirt : 03 March 2006 at 12:00 AM.

Old 03 March 2006   #68
Thanks very much! Mibus merged the two together, so now my problems are solved!

I appreciate all your help though, good sir!

Last edited by paperclip : 03 March 2006 at 01:15 AM.

Old 03 March 2006   #69
marcoracer: Go and critique other people's threads. If you give meaningful help to people on their image, they'll often return the favour.

vrf: You are quite likely to have characters that are going on the journey. And yes, I'm planning on putting those requirements on the deliverables page .

The turntable animation is just something new we're trying.

Crin: That's a header, not a button.

harryb: Image sequences are numerically named. Your example names were fine. Pretty much all 3D software should be able to render out suitable image sequences.

Old 03 March 2006   #70
Originally Posted by erlik: Actually, it is for your character. Turntable of your main model. Not of the scene.

Yeah, okay. I was just thinking of the brief's recommendation to have small characters set against vast backdrops. A turntable of the character will work, of course, but there's a lot more modeling outside of that. But whatever.

Old 03 March 2006   #71
Sorry if this was already asked before, but is there a limit to how many WIP images you can upload?

Old 03 March 2006   #72
As many WIPs as you want

Old 03 March 2006   #73
Originally Posted by Mibus: As many WIPs as you want

Great I'm uploading another one. Thank ya!

Old 03 March 2006   #74
Cool hi mibus

hi mibus .
at first sory for my poor english!... .. .
about turntable:
1.all of 120 frames must composite to a single frame or not?
2.for example i have a model , can i use turntable for some part of my model that i want ?
3.can i use wire frame model for turntable?
4.if i must use turntable for all of my models ?
5.other challengers can be able to see my turntable?
thanks

Old 03 March 2006   #75
??

never entered any of these contests before, and i was wondering what does this mean?

-The final works must demonstrate a depth of story and view that shows the character(s) up close and the journey beyond. -

are we supposed to make more than one image? how... i don't think i understod what to do right:P

and by the way, what is line art?

sorry for my bad english

-thondal-
Lollipop Fish (3D)
The Greedy Fish (3D)

reply share thread