The Journey Begins Challenge (2D) Entry: Anders Bierberg Hald

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2006
The Journey Begins Challenge (2D) Entry: Anders Bierberg Hald

Anders Bierberg Hald is entered in the "The Journey Begins Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: Somewhere not here

03 March 2006
Concept Sketch: The beginning

This is the first concept.
the feel of the desired end result came to me while listening to a Moby song.... but basically thats just sadness :D

it has some of the basics i want in my picture. a big landscape, a city a bridge, and girl and a small boy saying goodbye :)

no doubt this is not the way its gonna stay! i have sooo many ideas in my head i want to experiment with!

03 March 2006
Thumbs up Great sketch

I like the sketch. Good luck with the contest!

J

03 March 2006
shold be a nice city bridge scape

03 March 2006
Line Art: Sort of

http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/12/11062/11062_1142803684_medium.jpg

I pushed the bridge out to the side.. and mirrored the characters .. and made a little river :P

pretty much what i want to work with at the moment.. tho.. lets se once i get some colour on it :D

03 March 2006
Line Art: Coloring WIP

A quick coloring.. still.. it doesent have that "yes!" feel about it.. im considering many steps from here... but im still firm in my mind that i want to make a picture with these elements! :D

03 March 2006
Nice Lighting. good luck

03 March 2006
Nice atmosphere and lightening. Good luck!

04 April 2006
Coloring WIP: Colour WIP

made the sky a bit lighter.. and worked on the charackters a bit more

04 April 2006
This is getting very nice, Bierberg. The colours are coming along in a good way, and so the mood of the scene.
Good work

04 April 2006
good start, reminds me of many orphan stories. you should somehow add more to the "journey" story itself. waving good bye under a bridge far from the city doesnt realy depict the whole journey for me. something definitely should be added to this.

keep it up.

04 April 2006
I think I prefer the original color idea, it was more eyecatching in my opinion. Now it looks to me like a trip to get some groceries. I think that I agree with warpy, this has a lot of potential and it is looking really great so far overall, just maybe make the journey a little bit more defined

04 April 2006
Coloring WIP: On the fly

This is just a middle stem towards the next picture i will be posting directly after this (cos i have made some big changes from the picture before this, to the one after)

04 April 2006
Coloring WIP: So far

i have widened the picture.. and all sorts of stuff! :D the picture kinda tells the tale :D

many borders between elements are messy and alo more is needed.. but i thought it was time for an update..

i have taken the comments and suggestions given to me and thought good about them.. i really appreciate it guys!

tho.. im afraid i have messed the scene up :D is it to messy?? confusing??

PS: size req. fucks up every detail :D
GOGO COMMENT!!

04 April 2006
Thats a really nice composition you got there, can't wait to see the final product.

Thread Closed share thread