EITG Forums was taken offline

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2010
EITG Forums was taken offline

I just checked EITG Forum and it was taken offline. I am wondering EIAS3D will archive those useful threads.

08 August 2010
EIAS Website

Hi,

It's a different address for a new EI.

http://www.eias3d.com/

-Craig

08 August 2010
Craig,

Yes.. that is the URL for the new ownership, but Burney was asking about the original EITG forum history. If it hasn't been archived on the new site, its likely all those old posts are gone.

Previsualization Society - Founder / Secretary
Independent - Sr. Previs & Layout Supervisor

08 August 2010
Originally Posted by Vizfizz: Craig,

Yes.. that is the URL for the new ownership, but Burney was asking about the original EITG forum history. If it hasn't been archived on the new site, its likely all those old posts are gone.

Exactly, EIAS manual is very basic and there isn't any comprehensive tutorials around. Those older threads are very useful when come to solving some peculiar EIAS problems. I am sad that they are gone. If the new EIAS owner can continue to host those threads will be much appreciated.

Last edited by Burney : 08 August 2010 at 07:42 AM. Reason: spelling

08 August 2010
Sorry,

I was pretty sleepy and I misunderstood. I notice all the tutorials are on the new site. But yes, it would be good to have access to all the info. Maybe that stuff can get transferred to the new site. Tomas Egger would be the one to ask about that, I think.

Hopefully, there are still enough users here to help when questions come up.

-Craig

08 August 2010
Well I'll do what I can to help answer any questions if you have some.

08 August 2010
Hi,

I'll help whenever I can as well.

-Craig

08 August 2010
Excellent. Thanks Craig.

08 August 2010
Hi Brian,

Thank you for keeping this forum alive. I think this will be the EIAS user forum for mutual help and chats. Your opinions and thoughts are always enlightening. If you have time, keep them coming. Thank you in Advance,

Cheers!

Burney

08 August 2010
Originally Posted by A.C. Farley: Hi,

I'll help whenever I can as well.

-Craig

Hi Craig,

Thank you. You all are the people that keep EIAS alive.

Burney

08 August 2010
Originally Posted by Burney: Hi Brian,

Thank you for keeping this forum alive. I think this will be the EIAS user forum for mutual help and chats. Your opinions and thoughts are always enlightening. If you have time, keep them coming. Thank you in Advance,

Cheers!

Burney

EIAS is a good software package. It is my hope that the EIAS3D team can revitalize it again. v9 will be a true litmus test.

In the meanwhile... how would you like to see this forum revitalized?

08 August 2010
Hi,

Yep, EI is very good. With someone new to care about it, it may be even better. I would definitely like to see this forum come back to life. I think it was short sighted for it to be shelved in the first place.

-Craig

08 August 2010
Strange that eitechnologygroup.com wasn't forwarded to the new owners and that they let it expire. I mean a domain is only like $8. per year. Not a very friendly gesture.

08 August 2010
Well since Parscale Media was ultimately handling EITG's account, I'm sure Brad probably has all the data sitting on his own server somewhere. The question is whether or not he'd transfer it to EIAS3D. Either the new company didn't ask for it, or maybe you're right and Brad chose not to give it them. I have no idea.

08 August 2010
Originally Posted by Vizfizz: EIAS is a good software package. It is my hope that the EIAS3D team can revitalize it again. v9 will be a true litmus test.
Just out of curiosity: Comparing EIAS to Modo on a feature and price basis (895$ vs 995$), do you think itīs price level is realistic?
(I donīt, just to make that clear.)

Last edited by Veehoy : 08 August 2010 at 09:07 AM.

Thread Closed share thread