Lighting Challenge #25: (WIP) Artistry

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 11 November 2010   #46
some explaination about the scene..
I modelled the scene in 3dsmax and so when I exported that I had lot of problems. I had all warning about UV but I didn't know how to fix it.
About the measurementII rescale the scene to view better in my viewport and I forgot to rescale. Sorry

I forget to low down the chalks, since I was working on a closeup of them + dispacement map (to give an idea of the detail look at my reference here http://www.flickr.com/photos/giorgioluciano/5172708956/) so ewvery optimisation to the scene is very wellcome.
About the lamp I've post a fix since in 3ds they were visible but when exported there was no trace of them.. any hint ?

also the scene was quite huge to model and since I had no idea of what people would like to focus on everything at the beginning was quite heavy poly (I also would like to thank kanooshaka for the feedback and for the continous help modelling it)

Thank jojo
Jojo

Old 11 November 2010   #47
Hi Jojo,
I'm sorry I complained about your chalk. That's an excellent render of it too!
It was very kind of you to build this model and supply it for this challenge, so we should all be grateful for your efforts.
I don't know anything about 3ds max so I can't say what the problem might have been with the lights or the UVs, but if I could offer something about that I would.
It may be really poly-heavy, but you did set it up nicely, and you wouldn't have been able to show the scene if you didn't include multiple copies of the same objects.
Overall it's a nice scene and I thank you.

Old 11 November 2010   #48
Hello all =)
Iam planning to join too. I have a question:
Is it possible to make changes on the architecture of the room (ie making some windows on the outer walls) ?

Old 11 November 2010   #49
Help to set up lights

As i'm a biginner in lighting i was struggeling to set up my lights and attributes... I want to render it in mental ray in maya, can anybody send me some screenshots of the light set-up, it's photon attributes and render settings... I would be very much thankful if some likes to help me... If you don't wanna post it here you can send them at my mail id..(bluegene.g@gmail.com)
THANK YOU.

Old 11 November 2010   #50
fixed link
http://giorgioluciano.net/Storage/fix_max.rar
http://giorgioluciano.net/Storage/fix_fbx.rar

Last edited by jojo1975 : 11 November 2010 at 10:26 AM.

Old 11 November 2010   #51
Originally Posted by pixela: Hello all =)
Iam planning to join too. I have a question:
Is it possible to make changes on the architecture of the room (ie making some windows on the outer walls) ?

You can make any changes to the scene that you'd like.

Old 11 November 2010   #52
Thanks for the critics guys. Here's a revamp of the scene. added a few donkeys and closed the rest of skylights. hoping to get to Rembrandt style Lighting by the end. Still not set on composition and materials. C&C's welcome.Added some Fog and blur in post.Full rez.

Old 11 November 2010   #53
Originally Posted by tuffmutt1: Thanks for the critics guys. Here's a revamp of the scene. added a few donkeys and closed the rest of skylights. hoping to get to Rembrandt style Lighting by the end. Still not set on composition and materials. C&C's welcome.Added some Fog and blur in post.Full rez.

That looks great man. I can definitely see the Rembrandt-ness of it. I look forward to seeing where you take it. What technique did you use for the light fog stuff?

Old 11 November 2010   #54
Thumbs up

tuffmutt1; I like very much how is going your image. Beware with the reflection on the floor, I think is too long, more in the objets in the middle.

Old 11 November 2010   #55

thanks for the job but i can't open the .max file, maybe it's 2011 max file? i work with 2010 version.
And the fbx separe all the objects and i can't make groups...
It's poible to upload .max file 2010?
Thanks a lot!

Old 11 November 2010   #56
Here's my progress. A perfect scene to try all that "new" and fancy renderstuff in Mental Ray. Light is very basic, just a sun and sky. So it's more of a rendering and texturing challenge for me.

Old 11 November 2010   #57
Artist Studio

This is my first try in this challenge . Lighting done in Maya Vray with some basic texturing for floor and wall! Thanks to Giorgio Luciano for providing this wonderful model.
Comments and Critics welcome

Old 11 November 2010   #58
First Pass

Hi all,

Here my first pass.....looking for your comments

Old 11 November 2010   #59
Some more updates ,Side wall Texture corrected. Post work (Blur, Color correction)done in Photoshop.

Last edited by bimalbose : 11 November 2010 at 08:09 AM.

Old 11 November 2010   #60
Required Scene in Maya 8.0 format

Hi all,

Could anyone of you please post this scene in Maya 8.0 format? any format that maya 8.0 could support?

reply share thread