Lighting Challenge #23: Mad Science (WIP)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 05 May 2010   #61
anyway we could get this in maya 2009 format? not as an imported obj.

Old 05 May 2010   #62

Itg, this is the solution...I had same problem.

Originally Posted by kanooshka: Make sure to check ignore version in the option box of the open menu. This scene was created in Maya 2010.

Old 05 May 2010   #63
So my first attempt at these contests. Seems like a lot of fun.

I'm starting a peice at a time so only the plasma ball and the papers under it have gotten any love yet. I need to dirty up the glass on the ball, and I think I'll start again from scratch on the lighting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg test7.jpg (78.8 KB, 752 views)

Old 05 May 2010   #64
These are all looking very good. Good job I have a bit of spare time to work on this coming up

Old 05 May 2010   #65
I got swamped with work the week the carnival challenge started, and I have my fingers crossed about getting some progress done on this scene while my 9-5 isn't so hectic.

I will try and post up my most current render tonight, I kicked one off before I walked out the door this morning.

However I am seeing everyone's caustics and refractions, and have a few questions about some issues but I will wait to ask that when I have a render to show examples.

As for you guys, I am seeing some awesome setups, and a few ideas I need to change for my scene since a few of you guys beat me too them first lol...great minds think alike I say.

I am really looking forward to this challenge!

Old 05 May 2010   #66
W.I.P......errrr...maybe Final

Slow work day today. Thought I'd have some fun with this one. There is a lot that I'd like to fix with this image, but sadly I doubt I'll be able too...sooo....I guess my wip is my Final.

Scene lit traditionally.....comping in Fusion.

Old 05 May 2010   #67
Smile Lighting Challenge 23 - Mad Science wip

comments r most welcome....

thanks...

Old 05 May 2010   #68
Hi pmcb,

I really like your idea/theme for this lighting challenge. I especially like the idea of the rats escaping and helping each other escape! Maybe you could make that more clear.
Also, I wonder how did you create the spider web? it looks nice...

Old 05 May 2010   #69
Hi pmcb,

I really like your idea/theme for this lighting challenge. I especially like the idea of the rats escaping as well as helping each other escape. Maybe you could make that more clear.
Also, I wonder how you created the spider web? It looks nice..

Maria

Old 05 May 2010   #70
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MadMax3D: Slow work day today. Thought I'd have some fun with this one. There is a lot that I'd like to fix with this image, but sadly I doubt I'll be able too...sooo....I guess my wip is my Final.

Scene lit traditionally.....comping in Fusion.

gr8 render....niceeee

Old 05 May 2010   #71

Love the look of the plasma ball! Is that procedural or from photos?

Old 05 May 2010   #72
From photos as the base texture, then a decent amount of playing around with an architectural material to get the illumination and glow the way I wanted. I think once the glass is properly dirtied up it'll be pretty solid.

Originally Posted by MadMax3D:

Love the look of the plasma ball! Is that procedural or from photos?

Old 05 May 2010   #73
Originally Posted by TheOutsider: Adding lights , some materials and a wall which won´t be empty...Just thinking about what I could put on there. (Thanks WhiteG3!!!)
I love this radical approach....very nice start.

amazing start

Old 05 May 2010   #74
Originally Posted by xeltestic: Correct me if i am wrong, but that is not this scene? meant for reference?

yes it is a reference photo on google.

Old 05 May 2010   #75
About 3 hours worth of fiddling. Was bored at work and had nothing to do so i gave it a shot. Didnt have much direction ,Im going to take stuff out put stuff in move things around change colors or possibly just not finish at all. cheers

Last edited by TaKIKO : 05 May 2010 at 10:26 PM.

reply share thread