Lighting Challenge #22: The Carnival (WIP)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 02 February 2010   #46
?

Hello everyone. Who has kept a picture of the initial geometry Challenge # 21: The Bedroom (shade mode / wireframe)?
(like this example picture from Lighting Challenge #20: The Shop Girls )
Jeremy or kanooshka if you can share this picture in the original forum thread.
Thanks!

Old 02 February 2010   #47
Thanks kanooshka for this excellent scene. I'm definitely in !

My Demoreel (MAY 2010)

Old 02 February 2010   #48
Worked over it today. Thought of creating that bright night feel. Lots of thing is left to do. Please suggest anything.

Lighting Demoreel Fall-Spring 2010
My Website

Old 02 February 2010   #49
DJPRASUN: awesome thinking bro....................really I m waiting for to see ur finished work

Old 02 February 2010   #50
Crits

djprasun: Nice job so far. The waves work very nicely though I think your water could use some more reflection as well as the Fresnel Effect. This image should help you out. http://farm1.static.flickr.com/51/1..._4a0a9ab222.jpg See how bright the reflections in the water are? If there's a city there, I'd expect a lot more light pollution, You'd have to be pretty far away from a city for the sky to be that black. You may also want to think about adding some lights to the boat, it would balance the composition a little better.

genaf1: I'm not really sure what you're asking for, could you explain a little more?

dreamer00: Nice work. I like the mood you've set with the storm clouds, it makes the place feel very abandoned and unwelcome. Keep going.

Voigg: Good start. Make sure your lights are casting shadows, it looks like a lot of objects are glowing.

djeanimation: Nice play with color. Make sure your lights are casting shadows or you use occlusion. It looks like the lights from the ferris wheel are on top of the balloons. Not sure what might be causing this.

Old 02 February 2010   #51
Here is an update. Dan, I am not sure what you mean by my objects are glowing. I check all my lights, and shadows are on. I'd like to fix the issue but I am not really sure what it is. Can you explain more?

www.robertwest3d.com

Old 02 February 2010   #52
Hi there, my first take. Trying to nail down the composition and the lighting. Using blender and yafaray with photon mapping.

Comments and critiques are most welcome,
T.
Shape from that thy work of art.
-Longfellow

Old 02 February 2010   #53
An update

Lighting Demoreel Fall-Spring 2010
My Website

Old 02 February 2010   #54
Hi

Hi, thanks kanooshka for this scene ...... i am in. i am very exited to work on this interesting scene.

Last edited by abhiinlight : 02 February 2010 at 01:34 PM.

Old 02 February 2010   #55
Here's my WIP out of blender rendered with YafRay

Great model and scene work kanooshka- aka Dan Konieczka!
I like the new wip scaled down format and the separate finals thread..

Last edited by brookselliott : 02 February 2010 at 08:12 PM.

Old 02 February 2010   #56
great challenge....thankyou Jeremy Birn, kanooshka, Dan Konieczka........wll post my work soon...........problm with OBJ file in 3d max 2009 ...........it shutdown in between of loadin files............but fbx works fine...lets seee.......thnks tuffmutt1 n dreamer00

Last edited by jadrock : 02 February 2010 at 09:31 AM.

Old 02 February 2010   #57
feedbacks

@halfPintMike - interesting composition. the background is hug.e im interested on how you're going to fill up the space. will definitely follow your updates.

@djprasun - very nice update. maybe adding hints of lights coming from the carnival and hitting the boat would help shape it up also the water reflections feels kind of metallic especially on the left side of the image.

@brookselliott - great image! the carousel is excellent! i like the composition. but the balloons is a bit distracting for me.

good job guys! i will try working on my scene maybe this week. and hopefully post an update by friday.

visit my
Lighting & Rendering Blog

Old 02 February 2010   #58

Hey guys,

Pretty excited to participate on this one! Great stuff so far
It's my first time working on a night scene and getting to experiment with lights and different colors is interesting.

This is what I've done so far. Still gotta add lots of textures and other stuff.

Last edited by neusenz : 02 February 2010 at 03:10 PM.

Old 02 February 2010   #59
Thank you herbertagudera. I was asking that question myself. I'm trying to add stuff that blends in and not distract the background. Will post an update as soon as possible.
T.
Shape from that thy work of art.
-Longfellow

Old 02 February 2010   #60
hi all,

Here is my take on the carnivel the Theme I have picked up is abandoned as the name suggestscomposition is about guy left alone in carnival and there is bright Light every where but area where he is comparitively less bright.

I hope you all will like it and Will be looking for critics and comments from you all

@TuffMutt Nice start as usual loved your work.

@djprasun Can give more weight to carnivel in the composition

@dreamer00,@halfPintMike,@Voigg

Nice composition by you all but I think you can fill up your space carnival cant be so empty either you all could add some crowd or take objects close so less empty space is visible

I will Keep posting the progress.

reply share thread