Lighting Challenge #21: The Bedroom

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 11 November 2009   #16
Thanks a lot Mr.Birn ! The scene is really awesome & specially the themes are very interesting. But I didn't understand properly the theme called 'teenage angst' !! Can you explain it for me a little bit ??

My Demoreel (MAY 2010)

Last edited by preetamsaha : 11 November 2009 at 04:18 PM.

Old 11 November 2009   #17
Work!!.

Well thanks again Jeremy, and Let's work!!.

Old 11 November 2009   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by shapeupanim
hi,Jeremy Birn
I am new in this competition. i love to lighting this scene. but what can I change the position of the object ?..

As jeremy said
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremybirn
As always, it's OK to do whatever you want to change the models, adjust the camera, use shaders, textures, lighting, compositing, etc.

hope that answers your question

Old 11 November 2009   #19
Great one, I am in !

Old 11 November 2009   #20
Helo! Construktive critism from Jeremy is something I don't want to miss. I hope i'll stay here for a while, school sometimes tends to steal my freetime somehow.
I'm going for the glorious morning. Where I think i'll use the color scheme of Yellow/Orange-ish, Blue and red-violet. These colors almost makes a triangle on the colorwheel, it doesn't really make a perfect triangle, i hope i'm not doing it wrong when i'm picking colors. On google where i searched for 'glorious sunset' i saw those colors too...
I haven't textured yet, but I think i'll do it later. I'm using Maya software to render, I think i can convert it to Mental ray later when I'm happy enough. I'm to freaked out for using FG or GI, so i'll skip them, is this alright or am i just being silly? Thanks

Old 11 November 2009   #21
So i went for the romantic evening or moody sunset or however one wants to call it. You might find a tribute to "one letter off" if you watch closely
Just found some time after work to do it, there are as usual a lot of things i would like to improve, but to find the time.... Comments / crits are very welcome, dunno if i will find the time to improve it further though. I would like to try some other moods too, so i hope to get back again to the scene as it is really nice to play with.

3dsmax/Vray/Nuke

Best regards,
Michael

Old 11 November 2009   #22
Thumbs up Feedback

sushidelic - Beautiful! It's great to see such as strong start already! For a really glorious morning look, you'd want a lot more color, and a lot more fill light from the sky. The sunlight would be warm (yellow, orange?), but there should also be soft fill light from the sky spilling in from all other angles, and the morning sky could be blue, pink, purple, nice colors contrasting with the sun. The poster paper and plant leaves should be translucent, not casting completely opaque shadows.

xX_eXiGe_Xx - Welcome! I think you need to focus on shaping in your fill light. If you didn't have the sunbeams there, the area outside of the sunbeams looks very uniform to me, as if there were almost constant levels of ambient light through the room. Maybe the right side of the wall could be a nice gradient, getting dark in the corner and brighter towards the sunbeam? More saturated colors could help your fill light, too.

preetamsaha - What does Teenage Angst look like? You might just make it look like something from MTV, or maybe use lots of bold colors and black and attitude and show the mess and the guitar. Searching youtube, google images, and flickr.com for teenage angst might help too, but only a little. You could start with a simpler emotion and make the scene dark and scary, or happy and sunny.

-jeremy

Old 11 November 2009   #23
hi long time no see. I download this and have a try with teenage angst or afraif of the dark.

I was a angsty teen so no problem to understand. Playing drums, skateboarding inside the house all the fun....

Or both

Last edited by ahven : 11 November 2009 at 01:15 AM.

Old 11 November 2009   #24
Nice challenge!
Hope I find the time to do more than one mood.
Good work to all!

Old 11 November 2009   #25
@sushidelic- wow, , The textures is looking awesome.

Lighting Demoreel Fall-Spring 2010
My Website

Old 11 November 2009   #26
Here's my first attempt. Going for the glorious morning one. Am using blender with yafaray. This scene has only one light, the sun. Comments and critiques are most welcome!

-Timothy

Old 11 November 2009   #27
new image .. for sun light only ..

i didn't active anything in render settings .. this is the lighting only ..

CINEMA 4D R11.5 - Adobe Lightroom

the default render

3D Lighting TD - Art Director

www.naderart.com

Old 11 November 2009   #28
Well this is my first update. I'am really confused to whether to call it romantic sunset or glorious morning. But this is what I got so far.

Lighting Demoreel Fall-Spring 2010
My Website

Old 11 November 2009   #29
eager to work on this but........

i dont how to post my images in this thread i have jpeg formats of mine can anyone help me. it is asking to paste the url in the insert image option but actually it is in my pc only

Old 11 November 2009   #30
i am in. Very nicely modeled. I am going for the morning one for now

reply share thread