Lighting Challenge #20: The Shop Girls

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 08 August 2009   #31
sir wanna know that i posted my renders but d,not see that in this threat this is my first post on cg talk sooo can u tell me the process of posting work here.....

Old 08 August 2009   #32
I will try my best.Count me in. Thanks Jeremy!

Old 08 August 2009   #33
Cool I am in

Hey djPrasun try something new, every time putting blood on the floor wont work! Anywayz as you said lighting is far from finish lets see what you do. This time I am also in.

Cheers

Old 08 August 2009   #34
Originally Posted by lustrous: Hey djPrasun try something new, every time putting blood on the floor wont work! Anywayz as you said lighting is far from finish lets see what you do. This time I am also in.

Cheers

Hey, Varun. I'm just checking out different camera angles and texture. Thanks for pointing it out. But this is is going to change. Right now I'm just figuring out a nice story for this scene. My first thought is always to make the scene a little violent and see if it works out. But it's not gonna work this time. And welcome to the challenge.

Lighting Demoreel Fall-Spring 2010
My Website

Old 08 August 2009   #35
Originally Posted by djprasun: Hey, Varun. I'm just checking out different camera angles and texture. Thanks for pointing it out. But this is is going to change. Right now I'm just figuring out a nice story for this scene. My first thought is always to make the scene a little violent and see if it works out. But it's not gonna work this time.

Try some broken monitors and a dark ambience, it´ll be cool.

Old 08 August 2009   #36
Composition and rough light blocking, still playing with lights/colors, matte shader everywhere. Pitch black in some areas, indirect lighting + couple more lights should help it. Exit sign light is temporary. Rendered with 3delight.

Old 08 August 2009   #37
Originally Posted by TheFy: Try some broken monitors and a dark ambience, it´ll be cool.

Thanks man. I'll surely try that. I was thinking like some sort of robbery or murder have happened. I don't know man, let's see if something else comes in my head. I has looking for some kind of inspiration from the game MAX PAYNE as it has a very sinister look to it.

My Website

Old 08 August 2009   #38
Originally Posted by lunat1k: Composition and rough light blocking, still playing with lights/colors, matte shader everywhere. Pitch black in some areas, indirect lighting + couple more lights should help it. Exit sign light is temporary. Rendered with 3delight.

Hehe i think its funny, my rough layout is almost exactly similar to yours

Last edited by devank : 08 August 2009 at 06:02 PM.

Old 08 August 2009   #39
Originally Posted by lunat1k: Composition and rough light blocking, still playing with lights/colors, matte shader everywhere. Pitch black in some areas, indirect lighting + couple more lights should help it. Exit sign light is temporary. Rendered with 3delight.

Man, you scene is looking really cool. Like some kind of suspense thriller. Complete the texture and i think your true composition will emerge then.

My Website

Old 08 August 2009   #40
Originally Posted by BlenderFan: @simonjaap: What program are you trying to bring it into? It unzipped and imported just fine into Blender.

Cheers and God bless.

It appears my first download didnt transfer right, and it stayed in my cache for some reason. I downloaded it in a different browser and it works fine now. Sorry!

Cant wait to get started!

Last edited by simonjaap : 08 August 2009 at 06:23 PM.

Old 08 August 2009   #41
secuarity camera

hi friends first of all thanks to jeremybirn for giving this kindda great platform ....
i m a student and now in these days trying to bake my showreel this is my first attemp on cg society ....
when i started to do lighting always saw this lighting challenge thread m seen your work guys that gives inspration to me , hope i learn lot here and improve my skills ...
sooooo...LET,S ROLL.........
m using software render using depth map shadows (no FG, Gi, AOpass)
render time around 1 minute 5 seconds
wanna to bake a scene looking from the secuarity camera ...
lot of things can be changed by using your critics,,,

critics are welcome...

Last edited by diwanshuguptajaipur : 08 August 2009 at 06:41 PM.

Old 08 August 2009   #42
That's a great idea with the security camera!

Old 08 August 2009   #43
Yeahh!
participating again!

Vetor Zero
Lighting TD

Site:
www.igorvfx.com

Blog:
igorvfx.blogspot.com

São Paulo - Brazil

Old 08 August 2009   #44
Thumbs up yey

This is cool! I might try my luck on this one.

BTW, bought your book at Siggraph Jeremy.
It´s great!

Oscar

Old 08 August 2009   #45
@ @

o2car - Thanks!

igorvfx - Welcome!

diwanshuguptajaipur - Good start! It's OK to use occlusion, raytraced shadows, reflections on some materials, etc. if you want to. The security camera view looks more like it's on embossed fabric pattern than like video static.

simonjaap - Welcome!

devank - Welcome! Are the objects in the background really that big, or did you do something to make them look bigger?

lunat1k - Welcome! That could be a good start, maybe you'll go for something like the Film Noir challenge?

neotrixstdr - Welcome!

jojo1975 - Great job on both the characters!

ScotchTapeWorm3D - Welcome! Don't do more than you need to with separating objects, etc.

vijaybundela - Welcome!

djprasun - Weclome! I hope you can work the characters into the scene. Good job with the blocking.

FiveEcco - Reload the page and FBX should work. The LWO might not be the best but it should work also.

phil-w8 - Welcome!

ToSt - Welcome!

Chowda - Ouch! What happened to their heads??? I hope you can fix that...

BlenderFan - Welcome!

preetamsaha - Don't try to do anything too fancy in texturing if that isn't an area you feel good, sometimes simple cartoonish scenes can still be well lit.

djprasun - Welcome!

punytjoshi - Welcome!

-jeremy

reply share thread