Lighting Challenge #20: The Shop Girls

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 08 August 2009   #16
o man, This is it. I'm sooooo excited.

Lighting Demoreel Fall-Spring 2010
My Website

Old 08 August 2009   #17
sir i have a problem regarding texturing !! i dont have much knowledge how to texture a charecter ! then how should i proceed ?? plz give me some ideas...

Last edited by preetamsaha : 08 August 2009 at 05:35 AM.

Old 08 August 2009   #18
I'm already working on an entry. Thanks for hosting these, Jeremy.

Cheers and God bless.

Sketchbook

Old 08 August 2009   #19

I'm going Modo all the way on this one. I think it would be funny to have one mannequin buying an outfit from another mannequin. How else would a mannequin get her clothes?

Of course, this comes after fixing the floating mesh situation.

Old 08 August 2009   #20
Interesting scene. Quite a challenge to do something interesting yet realistic, considering the usually (kind of) ambient light in a big store. Well, at least it's a challenge for me.

For the "girls"... I'm thinking crash test dummies would fit them. Like some kind of test site or something. Yeah, I think I will go that way.

And since we have more than two months I might actually finish this one. Good luck everyone!

Old 08 August 2009   #21
Sounds like fun, i think i'll give it a shot.

Old 08 August 2009   #22
Ok I am in. My first challange on cgtalk.

Two questions about the files.

The FBX download doesnt seem to work for me.

In the LWO file are one file for every object. Is it possible to get one file with all objects inside?

Greetings

Old 08 August 2009   #23
For some reason it says the OBJ file is corrupt when opening the rar file.

Old 08 August 2009   #24

First render. Done with maya software render. Lots of texturing to be done. Lighting is far from over.

Lighting Demoreel Fall-Spring 2010
My Website

Old 08 August 2009   #25
this will be rocking for sure ..

this challenge is going to rock, looking interesting. I was away from lighting challenge for long time. But now i am back and i am in. thanks jeremy for the opportunity.

Old 08 August 2009   #26
Talking

first of all thanks to jeremybirn to give this kindda platform to lighting artist....
hi friends m a student from india now working on my lighting showreel and to learn a lot form u guys so count me.......
for this scene i wanna think about the view from security camera...
using maya software render (not use of FG, GI, AO PASS, RAY TRACE)..
render time 1 minute 5 seconds ........

c&c are most welcome .....
let,s roll.......

Old 08 August 2009   #27
@simonjaap: What program are you trying to bring it into? It unzipped and imported just fine into Blender.

Cheers and God bless.

Sketchbook

Old 08 August 2009   #28
This is my first lighting challenge, so forgive me if my question is stupid. I imported the OBJ into Blender, and noticed that when I separate everything into it's own object so I can assign materials, I see that there are thousands of pieces, (like each individual key on a keyboard) The scene is a bit slow, because of so many things, and it is VERY tedious having to recombine things like the keys on the keyboard, and move their pivot points. Is there a better way to do this?

Last edited by ScotchTapeWorm3D : 08 August 2009 at 02:50 PM.

Old 08 August 2009   #29
@ScotchTapeWorm3D: Why are you trying to texture the keys on the keyboards? Unless they are being shown in an extreme closeup, I think they can be very well left alone.

Only separate those objects that you are sure you want to work with individually. Also, before I do anything to these lighting challenge files, I "clean" them. This (in Blender) involved selecting the all scene objects and hitting the W key and selecting "Remove Doubles". This really chops down on the polygon count. There aren't as many problems with this as there have been in previous challenges, but it's still always something I check. This is easier if you wait to separate the objects.

Hope that helps.

Cheers and God bless.

Sketchbook

Old 08 August 2009   #30
Thanks to Andre Hitsoe and Yulia Goncharencho for suggestion on the character I've modelled
I'm really excited to see this competition !!!

reply share thread