Lighting Challenge #17: Natural History

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 11 November 2008   #16
The scene is huge and my computer at home isn't handling it very well. But after some cleaning up, should be ok. Looks like it could be the most fun challenge so far.

Old 11 November 2008   #17
wow this should be a great challenge. been looking forward to one, but have been so busy. Will try and make time. Here's a quick test, after cleaning up max file, and testing out some sun positions. Quick adjustments in photoshop.

Old 11 November 2008   #18
This scene is just amazing, big thanks to Alvaro Luna Bautista and Joel Andersdon.

I have also started cleaning up normals etc. so you guys can count on me in this challenge too

The pre-renders so far is looking good

Old 11 November 2008   #19
Draft one, maya/mental ray:

Old 11 November 2008   #20
Look great peeps. So after the lighting draft, the next step is to add textures and shaders?

Old 11 November 2008   #21
okay this is my first go at it.. and surely wont be the last.. specially because i have the same composition as fuhshizzle. hehe.. anyway.. time to go back and think of other angle but first..

visit my
Lighting & Rendering Blog

Old 11 November 2008   #22
Spectacular! Thanks for the contribution Alvaro Luna Bautista and Joel Anderson!

Old 11 November 2008   #23
Red face

Originally Posted by dpendzich: Hey everyone! I came across this photograph while searching the internet for some reference images and guess what? It appears to be the same museum that our 3d model has been based on. Check it out:

For a moment i thought those was your first renders and got really scared!!

We can use any software we like but with the rate that autodesk is buying everyone we will all use their software in the end...

Old 11 November 2008   #24
Originally Posted by PakosM: For a moment i thought those was your first renders and got really scared!!

We can use any software we like but with the rate that autodesk is buying everyone we will all use their software in the end...

Yea! This fantastic new software called "3dsMaya XSI"

Old 11 November 2008   #25
Thumbs up can't participate...

Hi all,
I can't unrar the autodesk file. I'd like to participate in this challenge.
Can anybody help me?

Old 11 November 2008   #26
Hi... I've put some textures... but still a long work to do

Old 11 November 2008   #27
Some very cool renders so far....

Jeremy,

Can we ask that submissions include some stats: what renderer, render times, 3d package used, and basic machine specs? I am very interested in what's going on behind these cool renders.

THX!

Matt

Old 11 November 2008   #28
Wow I have to give this a try !

Old 11 November 2008   #29
Sitting here reversing normals for the last hour or so, what else to do on tuesday
night...

Old 11 November 2008   #30
mmoses00- Mine is using Maya as the software, mental ray as render, and right now its a 6:34 render time i will post the new render soon as I can.

reply share thread