Lighting Challenge #11: Brand X

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 07 July 2007   #61
Just playing withs lights for 3 hours. Maya softver , if I have more time I will go to mr and make same realistic renderers, but for know just this

Old 07 July 2007   #62
Jeremy, thx for your tips.

I tried and reduced the overall lights. Tried to get the foreground focused more.
Tend to play a bit with cool blue-ish and hot red-ish tones...
Let me know, if yout think that it's still too much...

I'm not satisfied with the refractive caustics really... as if it would think to itself "What the heck am I doing here...?".
Gotta think about a proper background... somthing wet-ish, bathroom-ish would be the first surrounding to think about, I guess.
Maybe I can collect some inspiration from fellow posters with their cool scenes

Old 07 July 2007   #63
Good stuff so far!

Thanks for the break up, mesutcapin. That's interesting stuff to study.

Beautiful lighting NeBuLa!

GoksiMaster, nice lightning effect, looks pretty cool.

I haven't tried any hdr on this yet, but it's allready costly when it comes to rendertime :/. Took about 38 mins.

modelling practice #1

Old 07 July 2007   #64
playing with 3delight

Old 07 July 2007   #65
this one is quite rough, i will work on the composition and the gobo light is not final too
hope u like it

Old 07 July 2007   #66
Bam!

Ok has anybody messed with VRay yet? I can't get it to render at a 150 DPI Resolution. So this image is kinda low res. I tried to render it attribute on medium but it still renders as if it were on low. Meaning it's a low resolution all around. lol ALSO I need advice on what I can do about the image itself. Anyone wanna take the bat and swing it across my head? Anyone, anyone at all? lol

Anthony J. Thomas

Old 07 July 2007   #67
Hi,
there is my entry for this challenge. It is the first time i will participate in time

I did it with lw9.2 this time, cause I were missing fprime

there is after being photoshoped

Comments welcome

thx

-- jordi.riera@CGStepInside.com

Last edited by Kender : 07 July 2007 at 04:26 PM.

Old 07 July 2007   #68
Just make the l33t more colorful and desaturate (black and white, or really faded colors) the other one. people are naturally drawn to the color. Makes it more interesting.

Old 07 July 2007   #69
Originally Posted by Kender: Hi,
there is my entry for this challenge. It is the first time i will participate in time

I did it with lw9.2 this time, cause I were missing fprime

there is after being photoshoped

Comments welcome

thx

Hi Kender,
it seems; I can't see your pic. Am I missing s.th.?

Old 07 July 2007   #70
Originally Posted by doodlerboy: Ok has anybody messed with VRay yet? I can't get it to render at a 150 DPI Resolution. So this image is kinda low res. I tried to render it attribute on medium but it still renders as if it were on low. Meaning it's a low resolution all around. lol ALSO I need advice on what I can do about the image itself. Anyone wanna take the bat and swing it across my head? Anyone, anyone at all? lol

Doodlerboy -

Nice picture. You need more poly subdivision on the Brand X bottle, the label looks faceted.

The resolution of the image you posted - over 1600 pixels across - is too high, not too low. Don't worry about DPI, because you can set that later before you print, but for this forum just try to post images that are maybe 700 or 1000 pixels across at the biggest.

-jeremy

Old 07 July 2007   #71
there are links :

http://kender.yellis.net/wips/cgtal...lw_01_preps.jpg
http://kender.yellis.net/wips/cgtal...randX_lw_01.jpg

Sorry, missed links I think

Chrizimer : I ll try your tips. Thx

Enjoy,
KEnder

-- jordi.riera@CGStepInside.com

Last edited by Kender : 07 July 2007 at 04:27 PM.

Old 07 July 2007   #72
Fex - Nice job! Keep working on making making the Leet look really good. Maybe the label doesn't need to cast a shadow, or not such a hard-edged one. If you could make the raytraced shadows completely black then fill the shadow area in with colored caustics, that could look best and then the label shadow would realistically be distorted by the refraction.

Swag - Looks great! The edge-glow around the Leet looks strange, like maybe that fake DOF effect done in post?

jmBoekestein - That's great! Maybe the Leet could be more bright and cheerful with less black in it?

mesutcapkin - Looks good! I look forwards to seeing those new background too.

-jeremy

Old 07 July 2007   #73
Goksimaster -

Wow! That's really awsome! The only things I'd recommend are that more light from the lightening could illuminate the Leet bottle, creating some highlights, reflections, and a little more light on the Leet label. And the other thing is to make sure we can see the Brand X label clearly, right now it almost looks like it could be dominating other Leet bottles and the Brand X identity isn't clear for all the subserviant ones.

-jeremy

Old 07 July 2007   #74
Here is what I've tried making it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg leet_low.jpg (70.5 KB, 83 views)

Old 07 July 2007   #75
@jeremybirn
yes its all fake in post

here is something different

reply share thread