LC#44 Getty Benchmark Challenge

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2016
rendered with octane, FullHd, 2min, 2xGtx980ti

http://dedmazai.cgsociety.org/art/c...ract-2d-1400543
I have just added to the geometry of the foam to match the reference

08 August 2016

Cinema 4D , physical renderer (semi-unbiased method ) no GI used .
resolution : 1600*1200
machine : core i5 4308U, dual ,2.8 ghz .

C&C are welcome

08 August 2016
Hi All, this is my Egg Yolk render. Maya 2017, mentalray 3.14 (beta 8). 52 minutes rendering.

EggYolk

Hi Res

08 August 2016
Egg_yolks

Egg_yolks

Hello, this is my first lighting challenge...Maya, Arnold

08 August 2016

Egg_yolks

Hello, this is my first lighting challange...Maya, Arnold

08 August 2016
Hello to all !
I have to admit that I really like this challenge. Simple but complicated at the same time. So a bit of feedback in reverse order
@kosingcg the image look cool. The yolk texture seems a bit unnatural, probably it have too much noise. Can you give a try without it ? (or just decreasing it a bit ?) Great work indeed !
malioammd. About shaders, the table need a bt of work since it-s too uniform now and also too smooth,The glass look cool but it-s a bit too reflective in comparison with the reference and it has no caustics. The "juice" look very good but it needs a lot more reflection. Also the biscuit need a bit of work it seems a bit too plastic keep going !
@mikeshuangyan Your biscuit is one of the coolest but it needs a bit more bumps (or displace) as you also wrote. The overall image is coming very good (a bit more translucency for the straw will help, but you nailed the glass even if it lacks caustics)
@DeMazai it looks very cool, can you try to change the texture of the table and post with the same angle of the reference image ? I will be very curious to see the effect
@Nayak You almost nailed the yols while the coin glasses still need a bit of work. Can you split the image in two in order to focus better on making each of them perfect ?
@TRKfran. I'm curious to see your update keep posting.
@FeD your work is rgeat. Please keep going with the biscuit scene. I'm really curious to see how you keep going. Your yolks seems real Mental Ray is really an astonishing render engine. I've read that now it doesn't come anymore with maya. Is that true ?.. Before forgetting can you try to make the water a bit more realistic
@FredSoub Just great ! You nailed the position of the shadows but in the reference they are a bit less strong. Waiting to see more !
@Preston. Waiting for update with more translucency
@Kosingcg for the glasses image... I don't know but I still see the glass a bit too transparent and as ragupasta pointed out a bit green ? (is that true or it's just my idea ?)
@ ALL
it's really a pleasure to see how all of you are making great images. I think that the spirit of the challenge is this one, simple scenes and lot of work with materials and lighting. !

08 August 2016
Hi Jojo,

Thanks for the comment, will make an update on the yolk later with your suggestions. For the glass render, yeah I tweak the color at max distance of the glass, I need to make it darker or will adjust the max distance. Will update all later.

Cheers!

08 August 2016
Hi All, my second try for the Egg Yolk:

Egg Yolk 2

Hi Res

08 August 2016
Originally Posted by jojo1975:
@FeD your work is rgeat. Please keep going with the biscuit scene. I'm really curious to see how you keep going. Your yolks seems real Mental Ray is really an astonishing render engine. I've read that now it doesn't come anymore with maya. Is that true ?.. Before forgetting can you try to make the water a bit more realistic

Tank for the feedback Jojo ; After seeing the render of mikeshuangyan, i realy wanted to try Redshift, so here is my first attemp with the free verion. it render so fast !

Rendered under 10min, GTX 750 Ti.

Smoothie3

And for Mental-Ray it's since Maya 2016 that MR dont come packed with it, but i dont have 2017 and i've read some rumours too about that.. i'm so sad.

08 August 2016
Egg Yolk Render

Software:Maya 2017
Renderer: SolidAngle Arnold

Hardware Specification
Intel 4090k 4.4 ghz
8 gig ram
gtx 970

Need to find a way to reduce render time my AA settings are crazy . Post your arnold setting in your post .I will submit mine in later post .

Egg Yolk Render Test

08 August 2016
Originally Posted by FredSoub: Hey everybody !

Good to see you again, here my participation for "yolks", I work on the others
It's a very good idea: simple model but accurate work of render

Yolks wip

3dsMax - Vray

I love the bounce light and the color bleed on this one ,can you show ure setup?

08 August 2016
Quote: I love the bounce light and the color bleed on this one ,can you show ure setup?

Thx! I am very busy right now but I will try to explain the process a little this weekend and to propose an other image for "smoothie".

Cheers

08 August 2016
Hello Everybody,
This is my egg yolk render.

LC#44 Yolks WIP

3Dmax - FStrom 2K samples

08 August 2016
Yolks Makof

Hey! Here is for the lighting
open it in an another page for great size.

yolks_makof

08 August 2016
Hi All,

This is my second render for the glass:

Water Glass

Hi Res

Thread Closed share thread