LC #42 Pipers Alley

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2015
I suppose that is a possibility. I will see if I can download the educational version.

09 September 2015
Missing Textures or Models

If anyone needs any textures that are missing let me know. I have sent most of the textures to Giorgio but optimizing the scene must have deleted some along the way. If some geometry is corrupt let me know as well and I can upload it via dropbox or drive. Cheers!!

09 September 2015
The perfect scenario for a Thief game.

09 September 2015
Hello

nice .

09 September 2015
So Imported the scene to Unity 5 and and So far bellow is what i have. I have a few more materials to create and then then I will start working on the Lighting in earnest.

10 October 2015
could you share bigger sample?

10 October 2015
Sure. This was a printscreen out of paint. I will upload a larger file later today. I am learning unity as i go so the scene isnt all that good.

10 October 2015
New Chalenger

[IMG]Hi My name is Morteza Ghamari
And I hope LC 42 Pipers Alley be a good Challenge

Software Using
1 - Autodesk Maya 2016 SP3
2 - Pixar Renderman 20.2 (RIS Engine)
3 - Adobe Photoshop
4 - Nuke 9

WIP Image 001 (Surfacing WIP)
[IMG]
screenshot program[/IMG]

10 October 2015
Hey!

This challenge is awesome, first try in anything like this

I'm mainly focusing on technical stuff, so comments and suggestions are appreciated, i hope I can get better and learn!
Right now i'm using Cinema 4D R17 with native rendering, later will test physical and Arnold as well. Compositing in Nuke.

pipersalley_wip_01 full

Last edited by c1p0 : 10 October 2015 at 10:30 PM.

10 October 2015
Wireframe Coloration

This is probably a trivial thing for most but in case some of you, like me , like to understand why something is colored differently - the wireframe (Display > Wireframe Color) has been set on some objects and on some of the groups.

Unfortunately, global selection of objects to mass reset the wireframe color yields unpredictable results.

V-Ray Polymesh Warnings/Errors

For those using V-Ray, the 'Polymesh' warnings/errors occur when a mesh does not contains UV's. The light bulbs in all of the lamps and flies do not contain UV's ... nothing an Automatic UV Mapping can't resolve.

Cheers,

Happy lighting ...

Last edited by hgagne : 10 October 2015 at 01:40 AM.

10 October 2015
lighting challenge

hi

thanks fr uploading this wonderful scene...
heres my grey render with lighting done in vray for maya and comped in nuke

Last edited by SharinSri : 10 October 2015 at 06:41 AM. Reason: image not published

10 October 2015
My Entry

Great scene. Really nice model and great UV's made it very easy to work with.
Here's my final result.

Thank you Clint Rodrigues great work.

10 October 2015
WIP Image 002 (Shading and Lighting )

Next Image Is Final Render

10 October 2015
Hi there! Third time try to just hit render and watch incoming data. But 3dsmax version doesn't updated yet and I can't open it. Import via FBX gives no materials and Maya version loading about a minute, have issues with map path remapping and crash on autosave. Wrrrr....

10 October 2015
Sent you a PM.

Originally Posted by korabkoff: Import via FBX gives no materials

What are you trying to import the .FBX into? If it's 3DS MAX, keep in mind that there are different generations of .FBX importers/exporters. I used Maya 2015 SP5 FBX exporter and when I re-import in Maya 2015 and/or 3DS MAX 2015, I see the textures.

Originally Posted by korabkoff: Maya version loading about a minute, have issues with map path remapping and crash on autosave.

What version of Maya are you using?

From a new Maya scene, use the File > Set Project option to set the location of the extracted scene; then open the Scene file. I used the default Maya folder structure so you should be able to open the scene without texture file path issues.

As of Maya 2014, they included an option to change the File Paths which can be found under Window > General. You can use that to repoint the scene texture paths elsewhere.

I recommend turning off "Auto Save" or increasing the time between saves to at least 60+ minutes *before* attempting to open the scene ... it's 2.9+ million polys.

Thread Closed share thread