LC #40 Junk Room

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2015
@MayankLal very good start, I like the texture overall even if you should change the bed one (it seems there a little too bump) also you should lower the overall light in the room (did you used GI) and add more focused lights on the scene (why do'tyou try also a volumetric light ?)
@Fabiotteles, thanks for posting also your maps. Ithe texturing is looking great even if I will add a bit more variation and decay to the wood in the scene. The lighting is start to looking good, even if I will make it a bit more stronger and I would variate the angle in order to cast light on the floor. Keep putting dust and keep going.
@bibi500 the texture looks great, even if the wood shader in the front of the image look a bit too glossy. I will also add a more interesting outdoor to the scene. Also the shader of the drawer need a bit more of variation. The choice of colors focus the viewer's attention on both the sign and the drum, you probably should choose only one focus of interest. Keep going !
@Fex as alaywa great entry. The textures look very good and also the choiice of the angle is very intersting (and also the small detail of giving an outside even if it's not seen by the camera). I will change the shader of the drum on the right (it looks too bumpy for not being corroded). Also I htink that since your image is focused on the wall and ceiling you should add a bit of variation to it. Keep Going !!
@bibi. I really love the atmosphere of your previous version. The graffiti are really eyecatching and also the noir atmosphere is great ! perfect work !
@innobus you succeeded in making clean the scene that even if derelict look good ! So a bit of feedback , I will chagne the angle of the camera, and also get rid of the red color for the drum. Lower a bit the displace/bump of the walls and also i would experiment with the lovely plant you added. Try to tell a story.. why don't you make a closeup of the plat from outside ?
@ Hello Ilakya thanks for posting so much details on the creation of the scene. I don't think it's overdue, I will just change a bit small details. The noise in everymaterial look the same and that a bit weird also if you look the reflection on the windows looks a bit strange since the light seems to come from the outside with the neon on. try just to dim the light that are not the "keylight" and keep going ! Great work !
@vsanghan thanks for posting ! one think that look weird is the shadow of the windows. Which source of light did you used ? Since the sun can be assimilated as a source of light at infinite distance the shadows probably should look not so distorted. Also try to contrast a bit more the overall image and keep going
@halfPintMike, thanks for coming back ! the start keep good so far, keep going and keep posting
@jobin, the lighing look beautiful, but tru to avoid the green for teh drum on the right that looka bit too distracting, Also the canvas on the low left need a bit of work on the shader. Put a background and post more please ! It's looking good !
iceman10129, the idea looks great, can you contrast a bit the image and repost a lighter version ? (probably my monitor fault). I' really curious to see more
@ all, sorry for the problems with UV, and if you can contribute other formats pls send me a message. It's quite difficult to test the scene before posting, since everything seems right and the we have some problem. Keep in mind that we are a forum where we are always and together learning
keep going and keep posting

05 May 2015
work in progress.

Hi,

This is the Wip version of this week. Done with UV unwrapping and started with basic texture blocking.
Will start with detail texturing and environment setup.
Not able to put more time but really want to finish this on time.

Let me know if you see any area of improvements.

Thanks,
Vs

05 May 2015
Thanks @jojo1975 for your precious review. This is a new update(but done this before reading the review). Found some light leaks, problem in reflections and refraction, etc. So corrected all of them. Since i am still learning i don't know using volumetric light but i will surely catch it up.

05 May 2015
Update!
Added a warm summer feel. Lower the bump on bed, Added volumetric light to show some dust in environment.SO this is it until now.

05 May 2015
Hello everybody,

great challenge with some nice entries so far!
This is my work in progress....still some objects to texture (bed, chest, cabinet).
Great opportunity to test Substance Painter

05 May 2015
when its the deadline?

05 May 2015
First I fix the light

Thank you for the comment!

I chose to fix the light first. At first I think evening sun will be great as keylight for this. But as for visibility is important so I need something to fill light and cast reflection in the room. Now the the fluorescent become key light. And this become really interesting.

Noise is unexpectedly help the scene looking good but that's not my intention.

Texture will got fix soon.

05 May 2015
Improvement on scene

Here is very different version from what I had earlier. I really tried to tell some sort of a story. Once again feedback is always welcome.

05 May 2015
My Junk Room V2

Revision 1 finished. Thanks for the comment. It do really help a lot.

05 May 2015
wip!

Hi,

Thanks jojo1975 for comments. I'm using spot light to mimic the Sun. I have kept the light at the distance now so it does not create the angular shadows and also adjusted contrast according to the new light position. I have introduced some graffiti on the walls. I still have to work on specular to differentiate the wall and painted graffiti. This week was really busy for me so, can't do much of work. But, will try to push it hard in coming week.

05 May 2015
Hi all,

thx jojo for your comment! Still thinking about how to fill the empty spaces..
For now the oil drum is textured, changed the ground tiling and the carpet texture.
Hope u like it

05 May 2015
Hi all, i gave it a try as well, pretty much standard daylight scene, but i like the warm look. Edit: Hm is post processing allowed? Did some on this one...

EDIT: Ive updated mine, some contrast adjustments and godrays:

And a fun version

Last edited by IgnisFerroque : 06 June 2015 at 09:19 AM.

05 May 2015
Junk room

This is my first try for this challenge

Last edited by metafus : 05 May 2015 at 10:50 PM.

05 May 2015
Hello to all The challenge will run a bit more don't worry I need to coordinate with Roberto All great work around I will give more detailed feedback during the weekend
Giorgio

06 June 2015
Update LC#40

Done this over last week

Thread Closed share thread