LC #38 Urban Decay

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2014
@Jojo1975 Im here! haha

Took me a little while to figure out how I wanted to compose this scene. Its incredibly large with so many opportunities I needed some inspiration. Finally found some 2D concept art that gave me a direction. I will eventually fill the scene with over grown shrubbery as well with some atmospheric effects. Here is the Very beginning. This is the thought for my composition

11 November 2014
Alright here is my first WIP. Im trying to play with the eye with my colors and having the yellow really designate where to look. The lighting is a bit all over the place and not refined. Starting to get a feel as to where the image is going though. Tons of work to do

11 November 2014
@ Preston great to see your entry and waiting to see more

11 November 2014
Thanks Giorgio! WIP 2 Some slight composition work and color. Over all completely cluttered image still it needs to be refined so you you know where to look and things just overall work. Having some fun with this one now

Last edited by prestonplatt : 11 November 2014 at 12:47 AM.

11 November 2014
Neat scene

I just saw this lighting challenge, looks like a fun one to join in on. Didn't see an exact due date other then before xmas but I'm going to give this challenge a shot.

11 November 2014
Smile concept

I just saw this lighting challenge last weekend, I'm going to give this challenge a try. Here is my first attempt, proof of concept. All in Lightwave, also edited in Lw.

11 November 2014
WIP Urban Decay

Starting to put in red rusty stairwell textures and daylight luminescence from the broken far wall. Used Maya and Mental Ray to render/light. It might be over-bright at this stage.

Sandra

12 December 2014
Wip 3. Added some atmospheric effects. The composition has no subject and really needs a ton of help. That will be the next center of focus

12 December 2014
This is great to learn a lot.

My Basics Mel Scripts
~{xbo_::_Scripts}~

12 December 2014
WIP v1

Think I finally found a camera angle that I like. Lots of stuff in this scene, hard to find a shot with good lines and not being too busy.

I don't plan to change the scene too much but a couple broken windows and maybe a roof panel missing would make a valued addition. There are a couple object that I'll need to fix due to there silhouette showing rough edges in my shot. Will also be adding some debris, plants, and textures of course.

12 December 2014
Hi there! Here's my current progress -- I filled in one of the windows and added some other small objects. I'm hoping to add some more details on the ground and maybe take a stab at another view of the scene before xmas.

img src=http://laurapanno.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Window.jpg

12 December 2014
WIP v2

Had a big open spot in the middle that worked great for a main piece so took out one of the roof panels to expose some sunlight into the center of the scene making way for a tree which will provide an accent color to the worn down machinery around it. Had to fix some objects, quite a few as the normals where messed up as well as the smoothing. Rebuilt some foreground elements for higher detail, started to adjust glass wall panels and add broken panes.

12 December 2014
@ Laura pls include the image in the post

@Sir-Vulcan cannot see the image can you upload it again ?

@Preston I like the idea about the industrial place with vegetation. you can have a look at some reference here https://www.flickr.com/photos/41371468@N05/10982203524 I would make a bit of variation int the pipes and also bust the contrast for the corrosion in the structure (more displacenemt). Also boost a bit the volume effect to obtain an overallo more contrasted image
keep going great work

@Uncaged. Waiting to see more. Start with the lighting and pls post your light setup

@ Inscari. You have time wellcome on board. The shaders on the right of the image looks overscale, remember to focus on the lighting and then add your textures waiting to see more

@mehdiahmadi waiting to see your entry

@ mikeshuangyan waiting to see update

@Fdfxd waiting to see your entry too.

@All let's rock this challenge waiting to see more from all of you. we have time till the endo of the year
Giorgio

12 December 2014
Giorgio

My images look to be online and visible.

Try this link: http://shawncreviston.net/wp-conten...lenge_WIP02.png

I am trying to add some fog / volumetric light but it appears that I currently do not have a way to do so with the IRay renderer. Using 3ds Max 2015 with IRay, been doing some searching around but haven't found a way in IRay yet.

12 December 2014
[QUOTE=Uncaged]

Starting to put in red rusty stairwell textures and daylight luminescence from the broken far wall. Used Maya and Mental Ray to render/light. It might be over-bright at this stage.

Sandra

Will be back on track soon with some edits.

Thread Closed share thread