LC #35: Compositing part I

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2013
Was this the Digital Tutors tutorial?

Originally Posted by prestonplatt: Here is my First WIP. Im so excited about this model really gives the freedom for any angle. This is just a simple background image I used to get my materials right. I think its actually from a digital tutors lesson but I cant recall. Im going to find a more styleized background that I will take myself. I painted dirt and reflection masks in Mudbox. Rendered in Mental ray with a linear workflow. Still more texture detail to work out to get the look more realistic.

08 August 2013
jameshodgart maybe you should read what you just quoted, maybe the answer is in there

08 August 2013
Gah Silly Me!

It looks great!

08 August 2013
I have not forgotten about this challenge! Took some time away from this due to work overload but now im back at it.

@jameshodgart Thanks I really appretiate it.

I went back and fourth these last 2 days deciding the context that I composited this car into. Decided finally that I wanted to try out doing a miniature composite. So I went out and bought a 3 inch mirror ball and had some fun.

WIP 1 the cones and car are 3D. Still a bunch to do still not convincing enough to make me happy.

08 August 2013
Very nice Preston!
I first realized that the cones were 3d as well when i read it in ur post

Your first render looks very good as well.

09 September 2013
Hello Preston !
That's a great image It is the kind of image I was thinking about when I started the challenge. I hope that more people keep posting !

09 September 2013
help me to post WIP image

Hi all ... I am new here . I cant put my WIP render image here . I don't know how to insert an image . Please help me .

09 September 2013
My contribution:

Feedbacks are welcomes!
Hope you like!

09 September 2013
LC35 Lambo WIP

Here's my first WIP on the Lambo. Many little details to fix but overall lighting is done. Pretty easy outdoor physical sun/sky. Beautiful model. Easy to work with!

09 September 2013
Preston!

Originally Posted by prestonplatt: I have not forgotten about this challenge!

Love this image! Can I offer one suggestion? We see the underside of the car reflected on the table. Could be nice to break up that black with suggestion of some mechanical parts maybe? Lighting looks great!

09 September 2013
@deijardon Very good suggestion. Right now one of the main reasons Im not happy with the image is because the car is not modeled to be a toy car the details in the model are too perfect. I might need to remodel or approach different style. You're image is absolutely beautiful. I love how the car looks wet after a storm just broke. Really awesome.

@funkygfx Thanks I really appreciate it! Id love to see you get in this challenge as well, you freakin dominated the last architecture one.

09 September 2013

My work is almost done . I have rendered it with Maya mental ray and composited render passes into photo shop .
Waiting for the feedback .....................

09 September 2013
@deijardon
I'm a fan of your composition.
Red and desaturated dark blue is very strong!
Did the photo came from you? Where did you find it, I'm interested!

@sumitCG
Did you work in linear? I have the impression you didn't.

09 September 2013
@ Narann........ Yes

Dear all .... please give me some feedback

Please check my blog for larger view
http://sumitcg.blogspot.in/

Last edited by sumitCG : 09 September 2013 at 08:51 PM.

09 September 2013
@Narann

No I'd did not take the photo. I did know that I wanted this particular angle and then I searched Google till I found and matching one. It helped as well because there was a car in it so I copied the lighting.

Here is the original images

http://www.carsshow.net/wallpapers/...t-1050x1680.jpg

Thread Closed share thread