LC #35: Compositing part I

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 07 July 2013   #46
hey

hi evryone!

Im smitha..im new to this forum..im learning lighting still..i found many lighting challenges here n dey r jus awsome!! but my only doubt is are those models sets are with textures? i downloaded 1 set but it ws without tex..i take too long to do texturing so i jus wanted to know about the tex part in the challenges posted here..

Old 07 July 2013   #47
NEW VERSION OF LAMBO THANKS TO BIMAL
NEW version thanks to Bimal

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2F...dit?usp=sharing

Last edited by jojo1975 : 07 July 2013 at 08:41 AM.

Old 07 July 2013   #48
@Jojo1975 I think its the wrong link. Still the same model

-P

Old 07 July 2013   #49
link changed pls check https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2F...dit?usp=sharing

Old 07 July 2013   #50
@Jojo1975 model looks great and link worked. Thank you @bimalbose im excited about trying this model out you rule

Old 07 July 2013   #51
hey guys..dis is my 1st mental ray lighting..i know this is not the right thread to post this since its a very old challenge but i culdnt find a better place where u all experts would see it so sorry n thanx in advance :P

its my 1st mental ray light render..i want to know what all mistakes i have made in the scene and how to improve..so guys pls do giv feedbacks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled-1.jpg (76.5 KB, 69 views)

Old 07 July 2013   #52
I think you should put it the wip/critique:3d still, i m sure u ll get good feedbacks

Old 07 July 2013   #53
oh thanx i wil upload it der

Old 07 July 2013   #54
I downloaded a Top Gear UK episode, tracked it and composited with the lambo in.
This is a frame:

Original frame

Still needs to fix reflections and motion blur.
Animation is rendering.

Old 07 July 2013   #55
Here is my First WIP. Im so excited about this model really gives the freedom for any angle. This is just a simple background image I used to get my materials right. I think its actually from a digital tutors lesson but I cant recall. Im going to find a more styleized background that I will take myself. I painted dirt and reflection masks in Mudbox. Rendered in Mental ray with a linear workflow. Still more texture detail to work out to get the look more realistic.

Last edited by prestonplatt : 07 July 2013 at 04:11 AM.

Old 07 July 2013   #56
Nice, I like it its already looking really good prestonplatt, hopefully I ll have mine up soon.
I m using Max, and for some reason I had a fair bit of flipped faces and I didnt have the windows and windscreen, but I just finished modeling them and fixed the normals, now it s time to have some fun with it

Old 07 July 2013   #57
Animation Rendered

Old 07 July 2013   #58
Hi preston ! Keep going.
I would like to see more renders is everybody on holidays ?

Old 07 July 2013   #59
I'd love to finally take part in one of these challenges.

I'm by all means not a car expert but I'd have a question regarding the Pontiac model.

The front part of the hood has this weird bump which kind of looks like it shouldn't be there.
This part looks odd on the user's renderings too in my opinion. I've looked trough different photographs on Google and it looks like this particular part is more straight and edgy.

I'm not sure whether it's just me, or something is indeed wrong.

Would be great if someone could elaborate on this.

Old 07 July 2013   #60
hi

is it possible to upload the Pontiac model without turbosmooth

thanks

Dan

reply share thread