LC #35: Compositing part I

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 06 June 2013   #31
Question How Do I Take Part Plezz Help ,, I Dont Know How To Post My Render Pic

Plezz Someone Help Me By Telling How To Post My Render Pic

Old 06 June 2013   #32
Waiting for new tweak and renders. Pontiac is coming good ! If you have also maya files pls share ! Soon a tweaked lambo will come out from a friend of mine in the mean time keep posting !

Old 06 June 2013   #33
My render WIP

Hi guys

Check out my output and give ur views

Thanks and regards
Ashwin Kumar

Old 06 June 2013   #34
not sure why i cant open both the fbx and the obj of the pontiac in maya
do you have other export?

Old 06 June 2013   #35
lambo render

This is my render of the model for lambo which Luciano gave me about an year ago. With the help of my friend I tweaked the model and finished the render in Maya vray . The post work was done in nuke and Photoshop . So friends here it is , comments and critics are welcome

Old 06 June 2013   #36
Finished up a little shot for fun / learning. Blender to track, Arnold to render and Nuke to comp. Will post a breakdown video in my own thread later tonight (see signature)

Old 06 June 2013   #37
Pontiac Render

Hey Guys

Here is Render and comp for the contest. almost complete.
Rendered in maya, Mental Ray
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pontiac_S.jpg (31.2 KB, 64 views)

Old 06 June 2013   #38
Lambo Topology

THEY NEED to be improved I know. But CONTRIBUTE instead of sterile critique.

Hello, I am new to this forum and really need to practice my lighting, compositing, and rendering. I don't really want my first post to be criticizing someone's work, but you asked for an honest critique. I probably couldn't model it any better, so no offense at all.

If you look at your model compared to a reference, you can more easily tell where there are issues. I drew blue lines over the reference that show the angles and edges that make the car look so sexy. In green, I attempted to draw those same lines with your edges.

The basic shapes are the same, but it's the topology itself that needs some tweaking.

On the subject of lighting and compositing, I will post my renders when I have more to show!

Old 06 June 2013   #39
Final Render

[IMG]Final Render_Pontiac Car Render-Composite[/IMG]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pontiac_Final_Upload_11.jpg (95.5 KB, 56 views)

Old 07 July 2013   #40
Question Final Update

Hi

I would like to know if there is any specifics to uploading the final renders for the pontiac ?
please help out on this.

also, can i upload my final rendered images else where too outside cg society? I am asking this since the deadline is still not up.

Looking for to some replies.

thank you

Old 07 July 2013   #41
@ JonathanLampel
thanks for the feedback, can you help in fixing the model and post a modified version ?

There are no strict rules about this challenge, just do your best to obtain a wonderful final image. You can post the final image in every forum you like, but please cite me for the modelling
Giorgio

Old 07 July 2013   #42
I m not entirely sure which is the best way to upload the model, but you could use dropbox put the file in the public folder and share the link, that's one way to do it i think.
Then to upload the render just use an external site like photobucket or imageshack, i like imageshack, than just past the link for the forum, and you should be good.

I have a question too, had anyone uploaded a new version of the Lambo that works now? I mean with topology that looks alright when you start smoothing it??

Cheers

Old 07 July 2013   #43
Hello
Yes you can share the link via dropbox. I've asked a firned of mine to post a modified version but every improved version is very wellcome
Giorgio

Old 07 July 2013   #44
Thought I'd have a crack at this. The car model needs work, the door lining up etc, and the issues on the bonnet. Had to fix quite a few things on it already.

Critiques welcome, as I feel there's still something missing.
Rendered in Octane Render.

Edit: Why does my image keep disappearing? Is a mod removing it?
http://mlvfx.com/picture/pontiac_v0...tureId=18344782

Last edited by tkdmatt : 07 July 2013 at 02:16 AM.

Old 07 July 2013   #45
hey

hi evryone!

Im smitha..im new to this forum..im learning lighting still..i found many lighting challenges here n dey r jus awsome!! but my only doubt is are those models sets are with textures? i downloaded 1 set but it ws without tex..i take too long to do texturing so i jus wanted to know about the tex part in the challenges posted here..

reply share thread