LC #34 : Interior !

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2013
First Try at this, using Vray for maya 2013, tips needed.

Last edited by Aleg8r : 06 June 2013 at 01:06 PM.

06 June 2013
@jojo1975 thanks for those references Its important to keep a focus on learning in these forums.
Here is my final Wip. Im happy with the feeling and over all lighting. I might try to change up the characters a little more on my own but this is the final. Im going to work on that other angle for fun.

06 June 2013
would anybody be so kind to add a working fbx file with camera position and rotation to first thread.
both links will end up with max files.
and maybe further information on camera setup will be needed that get lost in fbx files
fe. focal length and film offset.

best regards

06 June 2013
may anybody be so kind and upload a working fbx file again, so other 3D apps may join this challenge too?
till now both links in first thread are linked to the same max file.
may further information about camera position would be nice to recreate original camera position:
afaik some information about camerasettings get lost with fbx file:
f.e. focal length, film offset (if used)

best regards

06 June 2013
Hi, I've made an FBX version out of Maya. Hopefully it works!

LCXXXIV_Interior_FBX.rar

Maya, 3Delight, mentalray, Maxwell Render, ZBrush
Photoshop, Fusion, Vegas Pro, Syntheyes

06 June 2013
@Mor4us To get the right angle... The angle in the sample image... the couches and carpet need to be moved further into the room. I noticed once I did that the view was possible to be achieved

06 June 2013
Looking good preston

Will be switching to maya from max for this challenge as the maya viewport performance seems to slightly better.

Ps, which of the participants are employed in the industry right now?

06 June 2013
@abuha Thanks I appreciate it. Cant wait to see your next WIP. Solid call switching to Maya Thats what I prefer

Here is my Next wip of the supplied angle. It still needs a ton of work. Great article thanks @jojo1975. biggest issue right now are the drapes but im trying to keep the image as one single render which has been a bit of a challenge.

06 June 2013
This is my first test render, i use maya and maxwellrender. Thanks for jojo1975 's nice scene, I made some changes to make the scene look more close to the original photo. Curtain material is the hardest part i think. The white one is not translucency,but also a strong diffuse, i'll keep on it.

06 June 2013
Red face hey i m new here and this ganna be my first challenge here

hi i m vikram and i m talking part in a cgtalk challenge for the first time
can u guys help me in knowing the last date of the submission of my render of this scene plezzz .
Thanxx

06 June 2013
Interior

Hi all!

thx Giorgio for the scene

06 June 2013
Thanks Giorgio for the nice scene, i use maya, so i download the obj and made a small change.
lighting and rendering with maxwellrender. I'm still working on the curtain material.

06 June 2013
I think all the images are coming out very very good. pls keep posting I will post a more complete feedback at the end of this week-end

06 June 2013
hello, everyone, this is my new WIP. i made some adjust on lighting and curtain material, and also made a OCC passe render. finally color correct and contrast in PS. next i will add some details on the sofa.

06 June 2013
Originally Posted by fangjing: Thanks Giorgio for the nice scene, i use maya, so i download the obj and made a small change.
lighting and rendering with maxwellrender. I'm still working on the curtain material.

This looks already very good.
I am curious of how you've set up your lights.

Thread Closed share thread