Lighting Challenge #31: The Enchanted Forest

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2013
Thanks to take your time for tell me your feedback. I improve the light of me scene because it's very dark for the moment. The direction of the sun has changed and the exposition of my camera is up. I boosted the rock light because it's the main subject and i try to find a good balance for my composition.

I will try update my picture this week !

01 January 2013
Mmmmm, Tonight i'm very motivate so here my new work in progress :-)

01 January 2013
Alomst done, i need to work on sss on mashrooms and maybe add more dirt ontop of the hat and probably i will lower the specular on hats too!
I will also add some insects and butterflys.

01 January 2013
Xcomb Love the foliage shader and textures and your lighting is complementing it.

I don't know if you are trying something realistic or semi realistic.I would say semi realistic would be great considering those Red Mushrooms. Try some other color/shader for those tree mushrooms to complement Red ones at present both are not jelling together ,yes you are right about SSS and high specular.
Try adding bit more variance and vibrance in your red Mushrooms too along with those in the behind.
If you want you can try adding tad more yellow/sun contribution so that SSS would work bit more.
You can also try changing your focus from tree mushrooms towards red ones. well these are my personal opinions ,your work is great as always.

01 January 2013
Thanks man i will consider your sugestions!

01 January 2013
I'll give this a try.

Hey, any positive/negative reactions welcome.

01 January 2013
this is a great scene ........thx jojo...
i have seen all entries....all have done great job.........
but i m new to lighting and texturing .....so before start i have some questions....silly question
do u unwrap the geometry like i tried to texture the mushroom.....but texture for not looking good......and tiled .....so thx in advance
and sorry for my english

01 January 2013
Originally Posted by Waters: Hey, any positive/negative reactions welcome.

I was hoping that someone would attempt the Green larva angle ,Thanks that you attempted this.
I can understand generating the larva shader is bit hard but I think with SSS shader you can achieve it easily. At present it is giving bit plastic feeling.
Same goes with Mushroom shader try improvising them.
Background rock shader isn't working it appears that it has some FG artifacts,there is lot of sky visible but it's impact on the image is not visible. same goes with the bounce light.
Also try defocussing the BG a bit.

I would also recommend try different key directions which would compliment your camera angle in much better way also makes larve shader more appealing.

01 January 2013
so here is my first try.....not done so much........just trying to show an evening lighting............i'll get time to do shader work.....................so what you think about lighting,,,,,,,,,,,,,

01 January 2013
Here is an update and i am still in consideration as far as the defocus and bloom effect, i will need to render in full HD format after all is done.

Last edited by xcomb : 01 January 2013 at 07:28 AM.

01 January 2013
I guess this one much better!
By the way the mashroom on the stub are called armillaria and they are really like that and very old, i've been to forest many times, collecting mashrooms of all types.
fly-agaric is a bit odd in my scene, i guess i could've modelled myself, just don't have much time to do so.
brown cap boletus looks exactly the same as in forest
i wish i could add my favourite and very tasty, the tsar of the mashroomsб which is called Cep.

Here is the link http://postimage.org/image/c8zekrdjd/
http://postimage.org/image/c0gpuwdgr/
http://postimage.org/image/5fs0ynk1f/

Last edited by xcomb : 01 January 2013 at 09:06 AM.

01 January 2013
@xcomb I cannot see the images :(

01 January 2013
That's strange i can see the image here on my pc, not sure what i am doing wrong!
I tend to insert the link by selecting the yellow icon and that's the only way i can insert the image.
Could you explain me how to attach properly?

01 January 2013
Originally Posted by xcomb: That's strange i can see the image here on my pc, not sure what i am doing wrong!
I tend to insert the link by selecting the yellow icon and that's the only way i can insert the image.
Could you explain me how to attach properly?

Actually this is the correct process, but to be sure can you also try to insert the link (small world with the link icon) under the image ? (we will make a try)

01 January 2013
@xcomb:Great shaders, you really nailed the sss of those foregound plants to the right! May I ask what renderer you use, and maybe a look of the shader used for the sss-effect?

Cheers

//NIC

Thread Closed share thread